American Tactical 2210M1911 GSG1911

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Westy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Westy

Westy New Member

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Move across the St. Croix to WI. I don't have any idea why a 1911 style 22 or cannot be sold in MN. I would ask the proprietor of an LGS for more specifics.

3. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

I had one of those a while back, it was the sig gsg 22. I ended up getting rid of it, because it is extremely ammo sensitive. Only thing I can't think of as to why its not okay in certain states, is because it has a threaded barrel.

4. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

That's the reason. The one in California, the barrel threads had to have a cap permanently affixed.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

My ATi GSG has eaten everything I have fed it. Blazer, Federal bulk pack, heck even some 25 year old stuff I don't even recall the brand of. Sorry to hear yours did not work out for you.

But mine is kind of sensitive, it gets lonely and whimpers if it sits in the safe too long. :D

6. Westy

Westy New Member

That's odd..... Palmetto had no issues shipping one to Minnesota.....

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You're good to go. Enjoy your GSG.

8. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

ATI/GSG has a few different Models of their 1911-22. One that doesn't have the Threaded Barrel, is Model Nr GERG2210M1911CA, which is Cali-Compliant.

They're great Guns! I really enjoy mine, and just received some more Upgrade Parts for it in today's Mail.

Cheers!

BB

9. Westy

Westy New Member

I did the upgraded guide rod-bushing and spring, and new 14 round followers & springs for the mags, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

What other "goodies" can a guy get?;)

10. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Those are the same parts I just got Today (All but the 5 Orange Followers, which came in on Thurs...). Got the 5 Mag Springs, Guide Rod, Spring, Bushing, & Plunger(?). Can't wait to get them Upgraded tomorrow, and maybe hit the Range on Thursday.

Cheers!

BB

11. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

It is illegal to transfer or own any pistol that is made of cheap pot metal in MN. It is considered a "Saturday Night Special" SS624.716

Taken from the MN Revisor of Statues website.
    Definitions under 624.712.4
    If I were you, I would look into a different .22 if that is what you are in the market for. The Sig 1911-22 is the same as the GSG 1911-22 but as stated above is picky with ammo. The Sig Mosquito is made by GSG as well and imported to SIG . That is very picky with ammo as well and is not very well made. I would look into something like the Ruger SR22 if you are looking for something that resembles a typical modern semi auto. If you are set on the grip of a 1911, the Ruger 22/45 has the same grip angle as a 1911 and is an excellent firearm as well. Bottom line is Ruger knows how to make a quality .22 firearm. You could also look into getting a CZ 75 and picking up a kadet kit as well. These have received excellent reviews for quality and reliability.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I call BS on your calling a GSG 1911 a "Saturday night special". There are multiple members on this forum that own and shoot them with excellent results, including myself.

13. Westy

Westy New Member

I have an SR22 and a Browning Buckmark, and they are both great plinkers. The Buckmark is a tack driver, and the SR22 is no slouch either, for a .22.

I wonder which part of the GSG is pot metal?

14. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Call BS on what ever you want. The simple fact is that it is considered a "SNS" You said your self that you did not know why it is illegal in MN. I posted the statutes, and digging around a little bit on the internet I found this post on 1911forums.com posted by the import manager of ATI in Rochester NY. Post #22 in this link http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=283805 by ATI Christopher

Here is another post by Christpher on AR15.com stating the same thing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  15. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Wow did not realize there where melting point laws. Thanks for the info. I guess those antis try to get everything about a gun outlawed.

16. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I am glad I live in a state that allows me to purchase quality firearms at reasonable prices.

17. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

I own the ati gsg 1911 and LOVE it. Shoots great and will cycle anything i feed it. Considering trading it for a rem 700 or a savage .17 tho..