American Tactical 1911 GI model

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by RNstanger, Sep 29, 2012.

1. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

I saw one of these American Tactical 1911's at a local gun shop. $499. I was tempted but passed to do some research. I could only find a few reviews of people that actually owned this brand/model. Anybody have any experience with this brand and model? They said it was from Armscore the same company that puts out the RIA and made in PI. Not sure if $499 is a good deal. I'm blinded by my desire to purchase it :eek:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You can find them on Gunbroker for low $400's, add in shipping, FFL fee and you are at $450 to $480.

$500 out the door would not be the end of the world, no waiting is worth a few bucks.

What is your sales tax? 5%, 8%? Then your cost is creeping to $525, $540.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=308900036

This is through Bud's Guns. $393 + $25 shipping + $30 FFL = $448 if you pay with a money order. $460 if pay with credit card.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Another Filipino pistol. Like the others pretty good guns for the money. Made by SAM not Armscore. Different totally. I have one along with 3 RIA, 2 Metro Arms. It compares very well with them and may be the best of the Filipino guns. Buy with confidence though that price seems a little steep. I buy guns locally ALWAYS even if it means spending a little more. Of course Buds and 15+ gun stores are within 30 minutes of my house. Just buy it.

4. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

Thanks for the replys. I actually got lucky and found an FFL somewhat close by on another site that had a RIA Tactical fullsize for $460. I went with that :D