American-Made Firearms

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SGT-MILLER, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I am just curious which firearms manufacturers are still truly American-Made. I used to think Springfield was all American, but found out their XDs are made in Croatia. :(

I'm a big supporter of American made stuff, so I don't want to buy a pistol that is made in some far off European country.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Nighthawk Customs - Berryville, Ark

Kimber ( Pistols ) are American Made

Les Baer - Pistols & AR's

Dave Lauck ( D&L Sports ) - Pistols & AR's

I think Wilson Combat are 100% American Made - Pretty sure on that one.

Any of the good custom rifle stuff:

Lawton Actions / Hart Barrels & Actions / Krieger Barrels / Mike Rock 5R / BAT actions / Bartlein Barrels / probably forgetting a few but it's early...

Badger Ord. Action & parts

Barrett Rifles - Pretty proud about their USA made stuff

Chey-Tac ( Probably going backrupt - but still all made at home )

There are several AR production houses that are mostly USA made parts and labor, but to name any would just lead to someone pointing out they get take down pins from Argentina or something. :p

Some more will come to me later I am sure...

JD

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

5. Southern6er

Southern6er New Member

Dan Wesson

Les Baer

Ed Brown

Wilson Combat

STI

medium to higher end 1911's.

6. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Wilson 1911's are made here. I think Kimber makes em here as well. 1911's are a matter of Pride for the US.

7. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Kimber FTMFW! w00t!

8. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Strayer-Voight (SVI) Texas

Remington - New York

Thompson Center Arms - New Hampshire

Kahr Arms - New York and Worcester Mass.

U.S. Firearms - Connecticut

Seecamp - Connecticut

Marlin - Connecticut and Mass.

Freedom Arms - Wyoming

Caspian - Vermont

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Thanks for the input, everyone.

I'm building a new firearm collection, and I making sure it's going to be all American made. Kinda getting tired of supporting overseas operations....lol.

10. Fayettedave

Fayettedave New Member

11. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Hey! You all missed KEL TEC Cocoa , Florida

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I wouldn't say I was MISSING them persay..... :rolleyes:

JD

13. robocop10mm

Not missing them any more than they miss the target. Just kidding. I have the predecessor (Grendel P-12) but have no desire to own a Kel-Tec, but to each his own.

14. Mark F

Hey Guys, the requirement for this thread is;

There was no mention regarding "if" they were to your liking... or not. I didn't see Davis Mfg. anywhere either. Now if you want to talk hard-core POS, Davis qualifies. LOL

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Mark, that is a good point. I will concede "True". However, you have to define what you are looking for.

As an example, Remington, and several other firearm related companies, are owned by Cerberus Capital, who have offices all over the globe. Money from the companies owned by Cerberus, I am sure, if funnelled all over the place to take advantage of markets here and abroad.

Are the weapons being made here important? Or the money that you are spending being kept here more important? :rolleyes:

JD

16. robocop10mm

All right, all right. You are absolutely right. I should not have chimed in with a personal opinion. I was, however, "Just Kidding".

How about STI, SV, Freedom arms, Bond arms, Thompson/Center. Glock US. I believe SIG makes some of their guns in the US.

17. Mark F

Yo'... I'm just having some fun at your expense. We've been way too seroious here with this bail-out crap and then there's ol' butt-wipe trying to steal our guns.

18. Mark F

Jeeeeeze, JD.
    You're making this really freakin' complicated for me... I'm still trying to figure out the definition of "IS" for Willie Klinton. Then I had to figger out the value of a thing that turned out to be a surplus of nothings disguised as a something. Then... I had to mash a freakin' Taser into a freakin' 45. I don't have a freakin' 45! I'd like to have one. Did I tell you... that me and Tony Soprano are freakin' buddies???

LOL, smakin' some chick on the a$$

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*falling into the booth in the corner and watching the stage show*

Really!? Can you get me an audience with Tony? I would LLLOOOVVVVVEEEE to be Made and I am sure if I could just get a few minutes of his time I could explain to him how valuable a member of the group I can be. :D:p

No worries Mark - You can even have an extra extra month on the R & D. :D

JD

20. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Just their handguns, though, right? They have other lines that are made in europe, if I recall...

Besides, if you are doing this to SUPPORT your country, there are better ways. Like buy any popular firearm and spend money on custom parts, made right here in the USA. many upgrade/mod companies are small start-ups from small towns across the USA. Or, take it to your local gunsmith and have him tweak it. You know he is just a small businessman/woman trying to make ends meet.

Or better yet, buy any gun you want, and forget about buying american or not. Instead, focus on spending time doing community service, helping out at the local youth club. Set up a firearms safety course. Get young people motivated to do something positive with their life...

This way you won't feel guilty about collecting the firearms you like.