American Guns?

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by ttdub, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ttdub

ttdub New Member

Has anyone seen the new series on discovery called American Guns? Just curious as to what you guys think.

2. bridgeswryan

bridgeswryan New Member

I like the show, but the last episode they put hidden walthers under the bumper that fired by a switch in the car. Not sure how I feel about that or if its even legal.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have caught a couple of episodes, not a bad show. much better than Son's of Guns IMO! at least they come off as a bunch of retards.

5. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I know this an old thread, but I was just watching American Guns and was wondering, did anyone see any guns in the 7 sold to R. Smith making them worth 25,000? I saw a Mossberg pump, Marlin 30-30, 375 mag another unnamed 30-30, 357 and I'm not sure what else he had. Nothing worth that kind of money. Of course with the chopper and special effects it cost that much to sell them.

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

What was the sniper rifle on the far left? All they said was sniper rifle!?!

7. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I missed the sniper rifle, they must not have spent much time on that one. Plus they said a varmit problem but then said bears, I would have recommended an entirely different set of guns!

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

American Guns seem to have a lot more "Class" than Son's of Guns.

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Same thing I said! What the heck made them that pricey?!?!?! Also If I were shooting, he kept his hands on me then took the gun..... Man would get hurt...

10. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

"Class"......right that's the word for it:rolleyes:

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Where do they come up with the prices? I know some of the guns they make from scratch, but still very pricey!!!!

12. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Ive been a gunsmith and dealer for almost 30 years and thought I was up on prices. The guns they sold tonight were mainly stock firearms, no customs mentioned. I cant figure anyway those 7 guns were worth that much.Their custom guns seem a bit pricey too for what Ive seen.

13. kytowboater

What did they charge that fella for a 45/70? Was it close to right?

14. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I've seen them new around 1000 they charged him 1000 plus traade in of 45 RIA and a mouse gun of some type telling him trade in's were worth 300. They originally told him 1695.00 for the trap door. They seem to stay pretty close to full retail a few times it seemed like more than retail. But Ive had customers that want to tell you what they want you makexsure they have everything they will need without bothering them and they are willing to pay for guns, accessories,ammo and your time and who's going to say no to extra cash?

15. kytowboater

Can't blame him then. It did get engraved too.