American Guns series - ya or nay

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by GunHo, Apr 27, 2012.

1. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Now that we got your opinions on Red Jacket, what do you guys think of American Guns series? I'll tell you this much; it's a lot better than Red Jacket. They are more into building guns than building drama.

The last episode with the punt gun was kind of silly. But I really like the cannon they built that shoots bowling balls; bad @$$. I also like the fact that they touch a lot on classic/vintage guns which is very educational; especially for a novice like me. Overall, I say yaaaa.

Your thoughts?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I don't like American Guns at all. I watched a few episodes and just can't get into a gun shop owner flying clients in a helicopter although I wouldn't mind meeting the wife and shooting a couple rounds.

3. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

After watching the season premier i think I'll give it one last shot and be done if the drama is anything like it was this episode.

4. GunHo

GunHo New Member

You mean Renee? I'm sure you would. She's a hot mom and she loves guns. Although, her anniversary present was kind of silly. A blinged out 1911 with diamonds? Really? And what about the pink 1911 they built... OK, the owners are women so why not. Glad to see more and more women joining the sport.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  5. ar_elite

ar_elite New Member

Where I'm at American guns series has been canceled do to a low number of viewers. But I agree with you, I like the show better than red jacket. I cant stand the dudes daughter. And when the one guy walked out on red jacket I stopped watching the show. He was the only gun smith that really knew what he was doing.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Agree on the women and if they want diamonds on a pistol fine, it doesn't make sense to me. I just don't like the over dramatic crap, I actually think it's worse then SOG but at least the show is having a positive impact on new shooters or people who are leery about gun ownership. I did like the build for the pastor but 10K :eek: I don't know too many people that have that kinda cash sitting around, especially a pastor.

7. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

They are starting to add the drama. It's TV so inevitably it will be filled with BS in one form or another. My favorite is how they portray some guy just walking in off the street looking to buy, sell, trade or what the hell ever and somehow they have the whole bio on said stranger.

8. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Yes, I like the pastor pistol too. But for $10K, ouch. Churches must be doing well out in Colorado. And yes, the drama is starting to pile in but that's part of the script. You can't have TV without drama. We can thank American Choppers for that. Overall, they do a lot more technical building than Red Jacket. And with the CNC machine; with the right specs, is it that easy to mill a 1911 frame?

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Overall it just sucks-

10. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

Damn I only watch that show cause of their daughter paige!! ;) now shes a hottie!!

11. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Careful, she's only 16!:D!
    Yeah, it's better than Red Jacket but I could do without the drama. Of course it's a TV show so there has to be some, I wish it was minimized though. I do like that there are more and more of these shows that for the most part show gun owning/shooting in a favorable light. Hopefully people will see that most gun owners are just good folks from all walks of life not the way we have always been portrayed by the media.

12. gilfo

gilfo Member

Granted I don't know what goes into making a gun from scratch but the prices he charges seem to be out of this world
    I would turn around and leave when he hit me with one of those prices. If I remember correct last season he charged a guy 5000 to put two Walthers on a vehicle!

13. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I never watched it. Watched sons of guns for awhile but with all the drama crap I couldn't take it anymore. Was taking away from the guns which is why I watched the show. I just can't stand reality tv drama, it makes me crazy.

14. GunHo

GunHo New Member

One of the ealier episodes, he (father) bought a BAR for $10K for a gun range. The BAR was on a dirty table with a bunch of other rifles for everyday use. Are you kidding me? If I knew that thing was worth $10K, I'd have a bed for it with a pillow and blanket.

15. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

The wife and daughter are all I remember about the show.:p:p:p

16. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

The "reality" is contrived. I have been to the shop and the outdoor shots of the shop don't show that it is in a rather industrial section of Wheatridge, CO while the filler shots of the city are actually in Golden ... 5 or 6 miles away. They are very liberal with the editing and I have seen them make it seem as though the shooting is taking place at one location when it is several.

I guess most of that isn't important but it makes me really question the validity of the whole show and I lost interest quickly.

17. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I think American Guns series has a lot more class than Red Jacket.

18. GunHo

GunHo New Member

That's what I'm talking about. Somebody that has actually been there. Thanks for the insight. I am very jealous though of the lighter gun laws in Colorado. they make testing guns look like test driving cars....

19. Polygon

Polygon New Member

It's alright. I'll watch it just because there are guns involved much in the same way I watch West Coast Customs just because there are cars involved. It's a far cry better than Sons of Guns, which isn't watchable at all.

20. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

It appears he walked right back in. Check out the latest episodes. He got his job back! :)