American Guns - Rip Off?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mudpupp, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Tonight on American Guns, Mr. Wyatt sold a conversion of a Remington 870 shotgun from a hunting gun to a tactical home defense gun, to a Pastor for $1,700

Is it me or did he totally rip off the church.

He could have sold the guy a Mossberg 500 SPX which is laid out just like the conversion for under $500.

I love guns, and gun shows. Even kinda like most dealers ;), but I cannot tolerate a blatant rip off artist who takes advantage of the uninformed.

Specially people who rip off public servants (Clergy, cops, ems, FD, nurses, etc)

Am I Wrong?

2. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

......buyer beware

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

He rips every body off. Have you seen some of the prices he offers people for their collections? I've seen him offer a price for a collection, and the price would have covered the value of 3 guns in that particular collection of 20.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Let's see. What makes a good HD shotgun?

Short barrel
    adjustable stock/pistol grip
    standard sights

Yep, total rip off.

For $1700, that shotgun better come with a robot that will clear the house of any uninvited guess for you. :D

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

These shows are all staged and scripted, if they just sold him a $400 Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 the ratings would suck.

They do a "custom" job and expect us not to know any better. I would be willing to bet that the hunting shotgun at the beginning and the final product are 2 different guns...

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yep very true

7. steve666

steve666 New Member

They made the sniper rifle for "below cost", $5000. For that kind of money you could buy a good "off the rack" sniper package and have money left over for a box of ammo, of course it wouldn't have a glaring and flashy "camo" paint job.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Gotta pay for his helicopter some how.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yeah i caught that episode late last night. $1700 plus he already had the shotgun so that's lot of aftermarket parts for $1700. yeah, i can definately see a rip-off! and $5000 for the sniper rifle? yeah like that couldn't be done for that amount of money. trying to talk around the 338 LM like it it was some really new cartridge, that no one had built a rifle in that cartridge. and the gunsmiths bitching about having to build tools to build the rifle. bunch of whiny woosies, IMO.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

We are the minority.

Most viewers of these shows have no idea.

But a firearm costing more than $1000 draws more interest than $250.

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Exactly! Which is why I don't bother with any of these so-called "reality" shows.

As for the price, the pastor got f***ed royally. I paid $295 for a Mossberg 590 (on sale at Big 5) which will do very nicely for any kind of home defense. I don't need some tricked out piece of crap to do that.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

None of us need a $1700 shotgun, we all know that a $400 one will do the same job.

Just like none of us need a $2000 1911 when we all know that a $700 one will do the same job..... except there are quite a few of us who have spent 2k+ on a 1911.

How is this any different? I haven't seen the episode but it seems like the same argument.

13. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I agree, but even a tricked out piece of crap shouldn't have cost 1700 on top of the gun!

14. fmj

fmj New Member

but then...theres Paige!

15. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Wilson Combat will do a very similar package for $230, according to the website.

16. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

+1 shes a hottie. I like the show just because theres guns.
    What bugs me are the explosions after shots, the fat guy, and how the dad always just grabs guns from peoples hands after they shoot

17. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have only watched the show about twice I think. But it is a lot better than some of the other totaly retarded shows out there. It least there is no one named Kardashian on it! I am glad someone is finally trying to cater to people like us.

18. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe it draws more interest, but I can't help but wonder if it doesn't actually do a disservice by discouraging viewers who might have their interest in weapons piqued by the show but be discouraged by the cost. I.E., 'I would really like to have a shotgun but I could never justify $1700 for one. I had no idea they were that expensive!'

19. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

Yeah he quoted him at $1700 and I changed the channel. The guy was a dummy for getting rid of his rifle too. It's all rubbish.

20. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Yeah there nothing that he did to that 870 that most people that own them couldn't do themselves. Anyone can just change gun parts