American Classic Problem

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by RustyShackleford101, Aug 17, 2014.

1. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

I know this is an air gun but I didn't see a category for them. Anyways, I have a Crosman American Classic that I've shot rather extensively (over 2,500 pellets). I've noticed recently that at longer( 50-75 yards), the gun is starting to shoot lower than usual. I haven't changed pellets and I'm 99% sure that nothing has happened to the sights. What gives? All I can really think of is that the air reservoir is leaking or has lost capacity. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

yeah. it's got an internal leak. I had the same problem with one a long time ago.

unless the prices have risen dramatically in the past 30 years, not woth fixing.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If it is a break action/single pump the check the O ring at the breach. They are cheap and easily replaced. Take the O ring to the hardware store and find the correct size. It is a lot cheaper than ordering them. Also, have you cleaned the barrel? You could be leaded up.

4. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

They're only 50 bucks. Time for a new one!

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the Benjamin 2 barrel air rifle and I have a lot more than 2500 pellets through the 22 barrel. I haven't used the 177 barrel.