American Classic duo-tone Commander

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by StainlessSteel215, Dec 17, 2012.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

....is on its way to my local FFL, only to be greeted by me with Wilson Combat sunburst cocobolo grips & many many rounds :)

This gun is a STEAL and uses decent quality parts for the price. Way ahead of the Rock Island/Armscor/Citadel 1911's. $560 shipped with all the quality features shown in this pic. Anyone own one or have experience with this make?

[​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm glad you're stoked, congratulations. Please post a range report for us.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Please explain :confused:
    You haven't touched it yet but you say its far superior---

4. StainlessSteel215

Hoss, I mean in terms of fit, finish, and quality materials used. Truly I wont know indefinitely until I fire it, and clean it, and fire it, and clean it, but Ive looked into it quite a bit and held one at my LGS a few weeks back....WAY better quality than Armscor/Rock Island and I can say that with confidence!

5. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

I believe you will find your American Classic to be 100% pure 1911 magic.

6. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Nice pickup dude! :D

7. StainlessSteel215

Thanks! My first Commander size 1911 and I am fired up to put it to work! Finally looking forward to having a 1911 that wont be a safe queen and will have a steady diet of .45acp ;)

Right now my Sig GSR 1911 doesnt see much action. It aint a Ed Brown or Wilson Combat but it also aint cheap!

8. StainlessSteel215

Wow, just found out that my order last night for this 1911 JUST made the cut since CTD has just suspended firearms sales as of today.