Amendment to the Constitution

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JTJ, Apr 30, 2011.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Copy this and email it to anyone you can.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. Term Limits. 12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
    B. Six Two-year House terms
    C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 10-1-11

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It will never happen. Nice idea though.

3. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Don is right, as usual. As long as they are the ones who would vote on this they would never vote to be mere mortals!! Honor is pretty much a thing of the past!!

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I made a few changes :cool:

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I cannot count the number of times I've gotten this in my email. Great idea, but CA357 nailed it......Won't happen.

Besides, opening the Constitution to Amendment is a dangerous thing considering all those in this Country that want to Fundamentally Change America!!

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

We cannot rely on the self appointed ruling class to police themselves. The only real, viable solution is to enforce our rights as voters...if a candidate doesn't live up to his campaign promises...vote them out of office...period!

The challenge will be getting the initial majority that will put an end to all the entitlement spending and government giveaways that are nothing more than bribes paid to stay in office. Once political office is no longer a job for life then, and only then, our elected officials will respond to the wishes of the people. Thumbing your nose at half of America because you have bought off the other half should be political suicide...not resume enhancement.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

7/8 of that is fine.

I don't agree with any term limits, even for President. If the electorate can't be bothered with paying enough attention to know when too much is enough, nothing will help us.

8. Dwood85

Dwood85 New Member

Sounds like an awesome plan, but it will never be enacted

9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I might get a bit too in the weeds but I see a few potential issues.

10. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I agree 100% but they tried a vote like that a while back. This is, they wording it a little like that but for one to win it had to have X number of votes. The votes were so spread out between all the options, nothing got the required number of votes. They smiled and said they tried and called it a good day's work. A$$ Holes....