AMC-The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by M14sRock, Oct 31, 2010.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Has this been discussed, and if so how did I miss it? AMC has a new show premiering tonight, The Walking Dead.

I never heard of the comic book it is based on, but it is of course a Zombie series. The previews and reviews online are great.

I have it set to record at 10p tonight because I'm not sure I'll be home to catch the first episode.

Anyone else aware of this show?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't think we have discussed it yet. I have it set to record and was going to watch the first episode before I got too excited.

Looking forward to seeing it though. Hope it doesn't suck. :eek:

JD

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

AMC has come up with a couple fantastic series lately in Mad Men and Breaking Bad. This one might be worth watching.....but the Series is on tonight so I'll record it.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Got it set to record. This better be good.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Or else ??????

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

7. Bigcountry02

Just finished watching it! Damn good!

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

not sure i like it yet. the special effects and zombies looked the best of any movie so far. i just have this feeling its gonna devolve into some sort of love triangle type of thing. didnt watch the whole thing so i want to catch a re-airing and a few more episodes. didnt care for madmen or breaking bad. kinda just want amc to play old b&w from the 30's and 40's while i clean guns.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I just happened across it shortly after it started and stayed with it to the end. I'll reserve judgment for now.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I watched it. I thought it was a pretty good start. I like the idea of plinking for zombie's out of the second floor. :)

11. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I love zombies. Love them. The idea, the execution, the planning, the firearms, the survival, love it all.

The Walking Dead, was well, kind of good. I kept yelling at them, they were doing stuff wrong.

Also, stealing the beginning of 28 Days Later, kind of upset me. I love tht movie, plot elements can be borrowed, there are only so many ways to start things, but then segueing into the horror of survival, that doesn't seem that bad, kind of shocked me.

These are the walking dead looking to eat you, you are in an urban setting, they should be everywhere, and hungry.

I don't know, I'll follow it for a while and see where they take it, most shows start of kind of slow.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I caught a few bits of the first show & will try to catch the rest online. I want it to be good.

I bleve they played "Dawn of the Dead" right before it; i LOVE the beginning of that movie with the lil kid zombie attacking first thing in the morning.

13. jca1

jca1 New Member

OK I recorded it last night, watched it today. I think it's going to be short lived and mediocre.
    It feels like the show will be more about stuff than zombies. I hope I'm wrong.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Well this is a show with a limited life to begin with.

It looks good so far.

Not sure if I like the romantic part yet.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

DVR'd it and I am about 30 minutes into it now. I love zombie movies, kind of like the boss. The survival, the need for weapons, the relying on yourself with no one to help you. That appeals to me.

So far - not so much with this show. :rolleyes:

****** SPOILER ALERT ******

The guy is in the hospital, and everyone in, around and near the hospital has been eaten/killed/killed again/turned etc.

Why the hell was he left unscathed?!?! :eek:

This seems to suck. I am giving it til the top of the hour to give me ANYTHING of interest.....

JD

16. JJAMISON

JJAMISON New Member

I liked it but wasn't blown away. I think somethings could have been re-wrote like the hospital stuff. I hope it gets better.

17. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

I thought it was pretty good. There were zombies, a tank, a colt python, and the creepiest crawling zombie chick ever.... I cant ask for much more from a tv show.

18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I like it so far.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm going to watch it next Sunday. If it's decent, I'll continue to watch.

I hope the "Glades" comes back. That guy is my kind of smartass. :p

20. Bigcountry02

Smells a little like "24", slow at first and then the action kicks in. Lately, no show is safe from the kill switch.

I am watching "The Event", if it does not gain action and viewers, it will be cancelled like Syfy Channels - Caprica!

I just wish they showed "Day One" from NBC; but, the killed it before it even aired - do not know if it would be good or bad. One of these years it will be out on DVD - doubt it!