Amazing difference...

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Zip50, May 30, 2012.

1. Zip50

Zip50 New Member

Some of you may be aware of this simple mod to your frame, but I had no idea it was so effective. I took a dremel with the drum sandpaper bit and undercut my trigger gaurd and thinned the beavertail. I wasn't overly aggresive and removed just enough not to effect the integrity of the frame. I can't belive the difference. My hand rides higher and it fits like a glove and when I bring it up to target it's right there. this was done on a 3rd gen 17, I'm going to do my 2nd gen 19 next. It might work for you as well as it has for me, give it a try.

Ps. I do have large hands...

2. Zip50

Zip50 New Member

Here is a video of a guy who did it I wasnt as aggresive but got the same results it truely does make a huge difference just do it a little at a time you will be amased how much better it feels and points :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2u3QHM6xo[/ame]

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Nice mod. Thanks for the link.

4. kodiak

kodiak Member

Not a bad stipple job, but I don't get that guy. He says he didn't want to do it to his Gen 4 in case he screwed it up....so what does he do? He cuts and stipples a 17RTF2 ...wow LOL

5. Zip50

Zip50 New Member

I will pass on the stippling thing, if I feel the need for that, a little grip tape will work fine but the under cut fit me perfectly, especially if you have a magwell installed. I'm giving a big thumbs up for that part of the mod...

6. lucznik

lucznik New Member

How exactly does one stipple a gun?

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

On polymer guns it's done with a fine tipped soldering iron. In steel guns it's done with a punch and hammer.