Amateurs...

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by BlindOldMan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

You know, just about anyone can hit a bullseye. There's a certain inelegance in hitting the center of a target shot after shot. However, it takes an extreme amount of skill to place every shot of a 15yd course *just* outside the target. Yes, the target was not hit *once* but only the rank tyro would suggest this is a lack of skill. Rather, it is a feat of prowess to keep the perfect circle of that target exactly that way -- perfect.

I was perfect today on the 15yd target with the .40.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Glad to hear that! (but you know that some are going to say that without pics, it did not happen.)

I had something like that happen the other day. An observer made note that the center of my target was not hit, then I pointed out the staple near the left shoulder of the image where I place 5.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMFAO!!

I laughed SO hard when I read this creative writing. God damn that was hilarious. Kudos sir, kudos to you. :D

Sorry to hear about your day at the range, but a bad day at the range is still better than being locked up, listed as "new fish" and getting an unexpected meat delivery. Right? :D:p

JD

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, some of us old guys get plumb wore out trudging back and forth pulling and pasting targets, so we try to conserve them........:D

Hey- that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We all have our days. I swear, some days, I can hit the bull with my eyes closed. Others, I can't find the target, let alone actually hit it. :eek:

But, that's why we practice. ;)

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Target? What's that?:confused:

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

two words for you sir...

Twelve Guage

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

That was a most excellent read.

9. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Thank you sirs... That took the sting off the day :)