Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was too afraid to sell. Back in August I bought 3k rounds of federal 5.56 ammo for 379 per 1k rounds. Now I bought the ammo in the hope of selling some but, when that opportunity arose at the range today, I turned it down. He was offering $80 for 100 rounds. I've seen sales of $1 per round but hey it was a fair price. The only problem is I haven't seen any ammo in town or online for a reasonable price. The same can of ammo is now on Natchez for 579., that's if they have it. wtf!

So I turned the offer down. Before you say, you have enough ammo to sell just one box, he was offering to buy the 1k can.

Am I wrong? I've seen him at the range before and he's friendly enough but...

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
why would you feel obligated to sell him ammo? :confused: The writing has been on the wall for years ... Obama was going to go after guns before he ran in 08'. Not making a move until last month doesn't change his position ... just that he is shrewd enough to await the right opportunity :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's yours, man...you're right to do whatever you want to do with it.

I don't think you'll find anyone around here faulting you for hanging on to it...but no one can fault you if you decide to sell some either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have a co worker that was suppose to split the cost way back when. Now he only has about 20 rounds total. He's SOL. He asked me today if I had any he could buy lol.

·
Retired
13,651 Posts
Check the laws of your state.
Ammunition sales may require a license.

·
Registered
193 Posts
hang on too it if you want. i have a huge nascar collection kids have been on me selling for years. my response is its mine and i will do as i wish.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Personally

I'm not selling anything firearm related. Keeping what I have and adding more every chance I get.

·
Registered
438 Posts
With the shortage of 223/556 ammo of any kind I would not sell any of my stash at all. There is no telling when or if this insanity will end. You did right. Do not have any regrets.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It might take a while to shoot all of it, but I would hang onto it. Maybe the prices will go even higher! Your ammo will be like gold lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts