Am I The Only One?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by trex1310, Jan 6, 2012.

1. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I have been shooting and hunting for over 50 years. That said, I
    have never owned a 9mm pistol. I don't particularly have anything
    against it, I just personally never had a use for it. Am I the only
    one that isn't in the 9mm camp?
    Please don't let this become a
    caliber bashing thread.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

No 9 mill here either. Same as you, nothing against it, I just don't have that need for it.

Beware the man who has only one gun. He likely knows how to use it.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive had a couple but sold them. the only one i wish i still had was a 1990's taurus pt99af. my wife has a xdm 9mm great shooter. i prefer 45acp.

4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Nope never have probably never will.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

No 9mm here, but I have bad news, it's next on my acquisition list.

6. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I've thought strongly about hopping on the 9mm wagon with a SC XDM-9, but I just can't fathom spending the money on a 9, when I can get the SC XDM-40 instead. Absolutely nothing personal against 9mm pistols or their owners, the first pistol I shot was a early/mid 90's G17 and I loved it.

7. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I Roo am torn. I was set on the 9 but shot a M&P .40 and thought it was great. Now I am rethinking. Though I probably will end up with the Glock 17

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I own one, but rarely shoot it. It's a Ruger P95. I like it well enough but prefer my 1911, my Single 10 or one of my BP revolvers. To me it feels kinda bland, has little soul. Now, if I had a German Luger in 9mm, I would be a happy man.

9. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

I have a sig sp2022 In 9mm and love shooting it I also have other calibers but my 9 is reliable fast and consistent. But still love my 40 and 45's

10. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I never have owned a 9 but if I did it would be a BHP.

11. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I bought an old Browning HP. Just for historical reasons.

12. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I am a .45 acp guy and used to say I would never get a 9mm, but I do. I got a great deal on Beretta 92 compact. Some of us have 9mms because they are relatively inexpensive to shoot compared to some calibers. They do not have significant recoil so they are quite manageable in most hands. There is 9mm ammo available that will suffice for self-defense if necessary. I shoot my 9mm on a regular basis but I remain a big fan of the 1911.

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Of all the 9 mm pistols i think i like the 92 beretta the most, of course im also mainly a .45 acp guy. It doesnt hurt to have multiple caliber handguns, more guns + more ammo means your more versatile.

I dont currently own a 9mm tho

14. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have majority 1911's but I do own 9mm's and use them for CCW. I have a Beretta 92, Kimber Solo, Colt Defender and a Sig P229. All of them are great shooters and very accurate. Try one at the range next time. You might like them.

15. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

If you say you like the .40 why not consider the G22? same size as the G17.

16. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I thought of adding a 9 milli to my group but not sure i really want one. My very first gun was a kel-tec p-11 that i eventually sold to help buy my .40 cal. I kinda like the .40's and .45's better. Now if i came across a great deal and was in the market to purchase, maybe then i would get one.

17. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

It was the last new caliber I bought into. I ended up getting a CZ 75BD. Reloading for 9 mm makes it more interesting to me.
    Do you need one? Probably not. IMHO, if you find a gun you like in 9 mm, it deserves a fair look. It's not like it's a cursed caliber or something.
    My favorite is still .45 acp though.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

I had one, didn't like it, got rid of it. I'm just more comfortable with a bigger caliber...45 guy here too...

19. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I will not bash the 9mm either because they are a pleasure to shoot especially for the ladies and to enjoy. Also a lot of them are small enough to be easily concealed for CCW. When a company built a competition gun a few years ago for Doug Koenig he chose a 9mm due to the fact of rapid recovery between the shots. They do not have much recoil and some of the new ammunition has certainly improved its ballistic performance. Like the new Hornady Critical Defense for example.
    Myself I do prefer the 40 and 45.

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you own a sizeable stable of guns and don't own a 9mm, shame on you.

Not saying anyone has a critical need for one. But even if you prefer something heavier for defense...a BHP, CZ 75, or P226 will treat you right at the range, and probably start finding its way into your range bag more and more often. The biggest reason I have 9mms is because I like the designs of the BHP and CZ 75. Sure, I could find them in 40sw. But that's kinda like buying a 1911 in 40sw.