Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cddbrowns, Jul 3, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I HATE onions.....they make me gag. With the July 4th posts going around, everything is made with dang onions. While I was on my business trip, everyone loved onions.....I think they are the WORST things on the planet!!!!! I guess I am the lonely onion hater, anyone else possibly hate them like I do?

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I'm sorry, I have a very hard time cooking without them.

3. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

No need to apologize, it is what it is......TONS of people love em. I just cant stand em.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I sometimes just sautee up some mushrooms and onions and eat that for dinner. I love onions. Onions in salads, on pizza, on sandwhiches, burgers, hot dogs, steak, pork chops, in casseroles........you get the idea.

5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

In butter and garlic.....

[​IMG]

6. Walley

Walley New Member

Anyone who doesn't eat onions and garlic would starve to death in our house. The stronger and hotter the onion the better we like them. The only sweet onions we use are red onions and we have no use for Vidalia, Walla-Wallas or any of the other yuppie onions that are flooding the marked. Give us an old fashion Bermuda any day.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My wife would agree with your onion observations, BUT MUSHROOMS??!!! Gag me. I used to live near a Purina mushroom "farm". The absolutely horrendous smell coming from the nasty sh!t they are grown in. I refuse to eat them.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I can't stand raw onions like the diced ones on McDonalds burgers or the big slab of red onions on others burgers. Can't do it. If they are cooked in something this I can eat them for the most part.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I sautee the onions and mushrooms in butter and a sprinkle of seasoned salt. I will add garlic next time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  10. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I looove onions. After I get the ribs done this afternoon, onions, green pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms are going on the grill for a side dish taste explosion treat.

11. towboater

towboater Active Member

Yep. Seems u may be the only one. Ya ever tried a blooming onion?

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I love a good onion! I use them on/in all kinds of food.

13. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I love onions, cooked, raw, grilled. I don't care. I ate them like apples when I was a kid.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Me too! :D The wife hates them raw though, and especially when I eat them. :(

15. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Onions, yum yum. They are one of the six basic food groups recommended by the FDA. Mushrooms, dairy, vegetables, meat and Busch beer being the other five :rolleyes: I let my milk cow graze on wild onions and garlic and it gives me the energy I need in my A.M. corn flakes.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Onions are one of our pantry staples. Eat 'em (generally cooked) in all sorts of things. :)

17. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Onions on everything! Grilled, sauteed, caramelized, roasted, deep fried, pickled, raw, bring 'em on, baby!

18. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Ah, now see, I actually like the bloomin onion, its like they cook all onion out of those things. LOL!

I guess I am the only one though. (Lonely)

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Like most of us, when it comes to the Blooming Onion, you probably like the fried grease and batter dunked in the "special sauce" and the onion is only along for the ride.

20. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

Awful

I would happily exterminate all onion plants.