Am I the only one who can't leave Wal-Mart without buying ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by saputoarms, Dec 18, 2013.

1. saputoarms

saputoarms New Member

43 bucks for 100 Winchester 45 ACP. But THAT wasn't good enough for me, I had to get the .357....they had so many pretty boxes.

Houston we have a problem.....

2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

If they have it in stock and it's a good deal, then no. I can't leave without buying a box. Prices have gone up slightly in my area. Not cheaper than my LGS anymore.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I always check the stock, if I see a box of 22 lr, I grab some.

4. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

I wish I had that problem. I seldomly go there but always check ammo when I do. All the 12g I want. That's about it.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

So that's what the fox says. :p

6. Mercator

Mercator New Member

I check out the ammo always but buy rarely. Walmart no longer beats everyone on the price, and its inventory is pitiful. It's better to get a frequent-flyer discount from a friendly dealer.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is very easy since there is not much to buy.:(

8. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

They always seem to have crap loads of .40 S&W.Which is why I'm considereing getting a gun in .40 S&W.My local Walmart has a good supply of .40 S&W,.45ACP,.32,.38SPL,.357.They had one box of Remington .380 95 gr FMJ but I didn't have the money to buy it.No 9mm,no .22LR.

9. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Screw Walmart!!

I refuse to do business w/ either Wal(Chinapuppet)mart .... OR those price-gougers at Cheaper Than Dirt.... ever again!!

First choice... always... I will support my local Ma & Pa who stood by the local shooting culture throughout the panic.... and if I do a big retailer it'll be Cabelas (found ammo there several times this past year, but you had to be quick), Midway (who honored my backorders) or Brownells.

Get a gunbot.net account and check that and www.ammoseek.com regularly and expand your options.

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Leave Wal-Mart without buying Ammo.? Are you high, no self respecting gun-nut can do that !................

11. saputoarms

saputoarms New Member

Agreed, will work on that. I hate being a hypocrite. Wanna sell American, but buy cheap ammo at Wal-Mart......dammit!!! WOW!! I like this. :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  12. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Walmart actually had 500 rd cases of 7.62x51
    And
    10 rd boxes of .50BMG today

13. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Well, about only time I've bought some centerfire ammo from Wal-Mart is when I'm on the way home with some new rifle with a cartridge I don't shoot and reload for already. Other than that, might buy some 22 LR ammo from them, but its been quite awhile since I have. The three super wal marts within 25 minutes of me have not had 22 ammo in stock to buy whenever I've checked for it this year.

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The local gun shops in this area are as crooked as a slot machine. I have no reason to stand behind businesses that can't buy a gun at MSRP. Then they take all the accessories out of the box to sell for $40 or try to sell the hard case the gun ships in for $20. Here is another one I love, online gun shops don't have as much overhead as I do. The guy is in a 80 year old building with a buddy that comes in when he needs to take off.

15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Amen on that one. There were times when out of fairness the LGS would limit quantities, but they always had ammo without gouging me.

16. Wcorker4

Wcorker4 New Member

This is hours my wife gets me to go to Wal-Mart by letting me but ammo other wise I won't go. Needless to say I dont go a lot. Keeps fresh brass in my rotation too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

As much as the T- me off with the shenanigans with Ammo if they have it and I need it I buy it. Other then them it's Big 5, or two of the 3 LGS's here,..or a trip over the Mtn. To Prescott...

18. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Unless they reload everything they shoot. :D :p

Other than one box right after I bough a 357 mag, I haven't bought any live ammo in quite a while. ;)

19. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

At last look(Last week) we have enough (more then enough) of our main calibers. I'd like to have a few more thousand 22's, but we will get there...saw an ad that someone near me has several thousand rds. Of three different CCI ammo. Might just get some mo...

20. saputoarms

saputoarms New Member

For me it's an issue of self control, the best deals I've gotten was buying 1000 5.56 and getting free shipping for it. The ammoseek tool is neat, but only if you buy bulk, 1-2 boxes is worthless when you take shipping into consideration. But, I am also still thinking like a hobbyist and not a businessman. When I get my FFL and start retailing I'm sure I'll have a different opinion.