Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Capacity of a 9mm with more punch than a .45 what's not to like?
I read somewhere that 10mm has been neutered over the years and isnt nearly as powerful as it once was because full power rounds wear a gun out after about 5,000 rounds... Any truth to that?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Can't find the article, if it had any truth to it I'm sure it would have been written elsewhere also.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Gen2 G20, you needed a loan for it? Was it overpriced?

Just kidding brother :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
sputnik1988 said:
Seen that before:rolleyes: wonder how much of it is real, obviously not the mushroom cloud.

Might have to look at a 10mm myself.
Lol yeah the mushroom cloud is definitely fake...as far as the rest I don't know. The 10mm is pretty versatile...I have a box if target loads that are rated at 900 fps then a box of SD rounds rated at 1600 fps.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Lol yeah the mushroom cloud is definitely fake...as far as the rest I don't know. The 10mm is pretty versatile...I have a box if target loads that are rated at 900 fps then a box of SD rounds rated at 1600 fps.
:eek:Target loads pack more heat than SD .45s...

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
The Colt Delta 10 MM was the first to offer the American Shooters this caliber. The public was not ready for this much horse power in a semi pistol and its very slow sales doomed it. Colt is returning their inovation to the market. This is an American made steel not "Tupperware" handgun.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The Colt Delta 10 MM was the first to offer the American Shooters this caliber. The public was not ready for this much horse power in a semi pistol and its very slow sales doomed it. Colt is returning their inovation to the market. This is an American made steel not "Tupperware" handgun.:)
I would love to have one of those!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
:eek:Target loads pack more heat than SD .45s...
That is just what it says on the box...I am sure that it will vary from box to box and gun to gun.

180 gr (12 g) Federal/American Eagle FMJ 1,030 ft/s (310 m/s) 424 ft·lbf (575 J)

Double Tap
Caliber : 10mm

Bullet : 135gr. Nosler Jacketed Hollow Point.

Ballistics : 1600fps / 767 ft.lbs. - Glock 20

·
Administrator
26,159 Posts
Are you sick? Yes.

But that has nothing to do with the pistol, y'know. :p

10mm? Yes, there are SOME 10mms that have been thru changes in search of itself. Part of the problem was simply rechambering a 1911 in 10mm- it was not designed for those energies, and the guns would get battered pretty quickly.

Some background on the 10mm in its various incarnations- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10mm_Auto

Is it enough gun? Guys in Greenland that do the REALLY remote Long Range Patrols carry them for polar bears. That impressed ME- don't know about you.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
c3shooter said:
Are you sick? Yes.

But that has nothing to do with the pistol, y'know. :p

10mm? Yes, there are SOME 10mms that have been thru changes in search of itself. Part of the problem was simply rechambering a 1911 in 10mm- it was not designed for those energies, and the guns would get battered pretty quickly.

Some background on the 10mm in its various incarnations- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10mm_Auto

Is it enough gun? Guys in Greenland that do the REALLY remote Long Range Patrols carry them for polar bears. That impressed ME- don't know about you.
Polar bears haaa nope not impressed in the least bit, hell id just slap that sucker an continue on my way

1 - 20 of 47 Posts