Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy and gals im looking to be upgrading my barrel on my remington 597. now the problem is trying to find companies that have them. any and all recommendations are welcome, thanks in advance:D

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I'm sorry, I've looked all over the net on different barrel companies and didn't see a single aftermarket Remington barrel. I KNOW for a FACT they used to be offered but don't know why they were discontinued. Your only recourse is to locate a barrel on something such as gunbroker, have a gunsmith custom make a barrel blank fit, or trade for a Ruger 10/22. I looked for an hour and 1/2 and didn't find a single aftermarket barrel.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats how my quests have gone. thanks though.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
That's exactly my point-I've never seen an Remington 597 worth THAT kind of money yet.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Hey Sgt,go to Rimfire Central website and check out the Remington 597 section. There are some threads about aftermarket barrels there,and some are just using 10/22 barrels and having them machined to fit the 597.
I have a Savage 93 that I'm in the process of putting a fluted stainless 77/22 barrel on. It is a pretty simple conversion. THB

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Sgt,go to Rimfire Central website and check out the Remington 597 section. There are some threads about aftermarket barrels there,and some are just using 10/22 barrels and having them machined to fit the 597.
I have a Savage 93 that I'm in the process of putting a fluted stainless 77/22 barrel on. It is a pretty simple conversion. THB
im actually on rfc right now on my other tab. ill have to look deeper i must of missed it

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"timed"? whats that mean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts