Always Ride a Mule

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Threetango, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

In Montana.
    Who needs a gun when you have a mule. :D

A couple from Montana were out riding on the range, he with his rifle and she (fortunately) with her camera. Their dogs always followed them, but on this occasion a mountain lion decided that he wanted to stalk the dogs(you'll see the dogs in the background watching). Very, very bad decision on the part of the lion.

The hunter got off the mule with his rifle and decided to shoot in the air to scare away the lion, but before he could get off a shot the lion charged in and decided he wanted a piece of those dogs. With that, the mule took off and decided HE wanted a piece of that lion. That's when all hell broke loose for the lion.

As the lion approached the dogs, the mule snatched him up by the tail and started whirling him around, banging its head on the ground on every pass. Then he dropped it, stomped on it and held it to the ground by the throat. The mule then got down on his knees and bit the thing all over a couple of dozen times to make sure it was dead, then whipped it into the air again, walked back over to the couple (that were stunned in silence), and stood there ready to continue his ride as if nothing had just happened. Fortunately, even though the hunter didn't get off a shot, his wife got off these four pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Screw a horse, I'm getting a mule...

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh Trip, we have another area for that sort of thing.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Bad *** Indeed!

My sister has donkeys in her back field; her excuse is that they scare off the coyotes. They are not pretty animals.

ROFL!

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Is that Chuck Norris' mule? :D

6. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Haha, what can you say, that is pretty cool.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's amazing. I never would have thought such a thing.

8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Someone buy that mule a beer.

9. rurak

rurak New Member

Thats a badass mule

10. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I knew Eyore was always holding back on Winnie and Tiger!!!

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Whatever you do, don't try to screw the mule. It'll kill you. :D

12. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

That's why you always want a mule or donkey with ur cows they will fight anything that comes around looking for a meal

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Some body is fool'in Flat Landers. That Mule is saddled up for hunting. There is a pair of tracking hounds. That Lion is limp from the get go. Do you really think a mule can catch a live lion without getting a scratch? :rolleyes:

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Bobcats and coyotes don't kill horses and bull moose. Mtn. Lions can take out a horse or mule Pronto. You can not stack Barb wire or handle mountain lions without getting cut up.;)

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Explain how the cat looks dead to you in the first picture. It looks pretty damn alive to me.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  16. trip286

trip286 New Member

And while I don't know about this part particularly, I've personally seen bobcats and coyotes get incredibly effed up by mules and donkeys. So what's the point? We're talking about mule vs mountain lion.

17. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I don't know, If the lion ran by the mule for the dogs like they said, the mule could have come off clean.
    The only way I can see it being true, is if it happened exactly how they said. Who knows.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

How about the article c3 already linked?

FWIW, I don't generally take pictures of normal stuff, like mules or donkeys killing coyotes. This is well known and well documented. To find dead coyotes surrounded by donkey and mule tracks, or to see it happen, or to call out the vet to stitch up a couple bites is a normal occurrence.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

And since your too lazy to do anything more than just troll, here. I found this just for you.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

And as far as donkeys killing coyotes, just look it up. Oh wait, I went ahead and did that for you too.

http://www.google.com/search?q=donk...a=X&ei=8bPKUOjtOoG88wT-ioGABQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA

Now, if you want me to give you pictures I've taken myself of donkeys killing coyotes, that'd just too damn bad. I've also never taken a picture of a spider building a web, a chicken turning her eggs, any bird in flight, or a dog gnawing on a bone, yet these are all things these animals are known to do. Would you like to dispute any of them?