Alright you revolver guys, help a brother out.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by tcraig23, Jun 6, 2010.

1. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

I have not been a revolver guy in the past. However, I have recently really warmed up to the idea of buying one as a back up gun and to add a new dimension to my handgun training. I am really intrigued at leaning to speedload a revolver and shooting that heavy double action all the time. I really like the M&P line and REALLY like the M&P Model 340 CT. I do not have any lasers on any of my guns but I see the need for that on a back up heavy loaded revolver. So please, enlighten me, teach me the way of the revolver and help me make a good decision. I was wondering about your experiences with revolvers in general. What you like and dislike about them, etc. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

i learned how to shoot the right way with a model 67 smith. was as reliable as the day is long. well mannered, tack driver accurate. hated one thing about it.

the funneling cone.

and why? because i could never get the crap from the top of it. other than that, she was a gem

after that, a 686 smith with a 4 inch bbl. again, behaved the same as the 67.true pleasure to shoot

3. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

Thank you.

4. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

just love the way they feel in my hand and they shoot.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

ok, tcraig...quid pro quo.

the glock or the springifeld. which one do you like better, and why?

6. tcraig23

tcraig23 New Member

On this paticular model, I like the Springfield better and I really do love the Glock 19.

7. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Go revolver and never go back. A good revolver is the most reliable and accurate handgun you will ever shoot, when compared with most semis.

Get a .357 for your first, but you will eventually need something larger, (.44 mag ;)) especially if you plan on using it as a woods gun. The .357 will provide you with the versatility you need for home protection as well as outdoor functions.

GET ONE NOW!

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'd recommend the .357 as well. It has to be the most versatile revolver caliber made.

I've had my SP101 for about four weeks now, and it is a very different school of shooting. I've had my S&W 17 for 14 years, but it's action is quite lite compared to a full size revolver.

Check out my notes on my first experience with real revolver shooting here
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/ruger-sp101-range-report-27349/