Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First ever AR build, just three more parts and she's complete.

Sabre Defense Industries poly lower with Cav Armas butt plate, carbine buffer and spring.
Mostly a Stag lower parts kit with some unknowns thrown in.
Aero upper receiver and 15 inch hand guard.
Bear Creek 223 Wylde 16 inch carbine length gas system.
Toolcraft nitride BCG, one of the few new parts on the whole thing.
AR Stoner gas tube - the other new part, not installed yet, because...

The gas block was misdrilled and we couldn't find another. Manufacturing defect, nobody's fault, so it's a bolt action AR until I get a gas block. However, no sights or optics means it's a single shot musket style. Fun to play with, but useless. This thing is LIGHT, hoping to use it for coyote maybe. Parts were largely donated, sights inbound, gonna get the gas block on pay day.
Last time I shot an AR style rifle was in 1984, an M16A1 on a NG range, and here I am with one in the safe. Time flies while your having fun...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Super gas Block is quite neat. Also got a nice flat wire recoil spring, said to help quiet the SPROIIINNNGGG which was what turned me off the AR all those years ago. We'll see. No sights yet.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goodness gracious, I HAVE been remiss. This is what she looks like now, with Bushnell AR Optics TRS-32 red dot. Cheap dot for a parts rifle
Real_operators_rifle_jpg-793242.JPG

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to have NOT posted the video here, THAT is not good of me - let me see if I can find it.

This was the day we got her completely finished. That loud click IS the reset, and it really is that loud. :) Sprooooinnnngggg doesn't bother me at all with the flat wire spring. The ONLY thing it doesn't like is reloads that aren't resized with small base dies. The ones it got stuck on were full length resized. I have run almost 200 through, small base dies and they work perfectly, and accurately. We have ourselves a house/hunting rifle. Fitted with a MagPul M3 40 rounder, great house gun, fitted with MagPul 20 rounders, my new coyote rifle...if I can ever get out again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts