almost here....

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by nukinfuts29, Jun 4, 2012.

1. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

only 6 more days until I order this thing...

Unless anyone wants to chime in. This will be my first rifle of this nature, and I'm stoked. I have always wanted one of these. If you are a movie guy you might recognize it from Shooter, minus the camo paint job. This was his rifle he popped the spam can with that they tried to use to frame him.

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/THOR-XM408-25

[​IMG]

2. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Now if by some freak chance that you are unhappy with it, I'm always accepting donations :) lol how much is it setting you back, if you don't mind me asking?

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I wish I had $12,000 to spend on a gun.

4. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

All said and done with the things i added....it's close to $9.5k. I will never spend this much ever again so i'm doing it right.

Few k less ;)

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Why .408 over .50 tho.

6. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

To be completely honest it is not the result of any research or anything else. Rifles like this are something I do not really know all that much about. I got into this one after being curious what they used in that movie, and it has been on my back burner for a few years. The way I see it when you get into this type of thing, does it really matter? Unless zombies really do show up i can't see ever really using it for it's intended purpose.

Part of why I posted here, I'm sure you will all rip me down and educate me until i do the right thing.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have no idea what that gun is but have a lot of fun with it. :eek:

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

The only problem I see is the price of ammo. But if you can drop that much on the gun, then that shouldn't be a problem.

9. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I won a lawsuit settlement in the area of $112k post-taxes/fees. I decided to pay off the house and buy a toy. I want to learn to reload specifically for this purchase.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Kudos on that all around. Good luck! Reloading would really be a great option there.

11. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I can't imagine not reloading with this thing. Never done it before, but gotta learn to do any kind of actual shooting with it.

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Hey, y not. And for its class? Not like you're gonna rely on factory ammo anyway. U can always sell it and get half your money back someday...

13. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I don't sell guns, personal rule.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nice choice for a rifle! the CheyTacs are not cheap and all i have read about them is that they are super accurate and fun as hell to shoot. yes with the cost of ammo for that rifle, reloading is definately the way to go. the biggest expense in the beginning will be the cases and those probably won't be cheap. have you made a scope decision for it yet?

15. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

16. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Someone suggested i also consider a Sako TRG 22