Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only 6 more days until I order this thing...

Unless anyone wants to chime in. This will be my first rifle of this nature, and I'm stoked. I have always wanted one of these. If you are a movie guy you might recognize it from Shooter, minus the camo paint job. This was his rifle he popped the spam can with that they tried to use to frame him.

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/THOR-XM408-25

·
Registered
382 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
only 6 more days until I order this thing...

Unless anyone wants to chime in. This will be my first rifle of this nature, and I'm stoked. I have always wanted one of these. If you are a movie guy you might recognize it from Shooter, minus the camo paint job. This was his rifle he popped the spam can with that they tried to use to frame him.

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/THOR-XM408-25
Now if by some freak chance that you are unhappy with it, I'm always accepting donations :) lol how much is it setting you back, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now if by some freak chance that you are unhappy with it, I'm always accepting donations :) lol how much is it setting you back, if you don't mind me asking?
All said and done with the things i added....it's close to $9.5k. I will never spend this much ever again so i'm doing it right.

I wish I had $12,000 to spend on a gun.
Few k less ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To be completely honest it is not the result of any research or anything else. Rifles like this are something I do not really know all that much about. I got into this one after being curious what they used in that movie, and it has been on my back burner for a few years. The way I see it when you get into this type of thing, does it really matter? Unless zombies really do show up i can't see ever really using it for it's intended purpose.

Part of why I posted here, I'm sure you will all rip me down and educate me until i do the right thing.

·
Administrator
34,289 Posts
I have no idea what that gun is but have a lot of fun with it. :eek:

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
The only problem I see is the price of ammo. But if you can drop that much on the gun, then that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only problem I see is the price of ammo. But if you can drop that much on the gun, then that shouldn't be a problem.
I won a lawsuit settlement in the area of $112k post-taxes/fees. I decided to pay off the house and buy a toy. I want to learn to reload specifically for this purchase.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
I won a lawsuit settlement in the area of $112k post-taxes/fees. I decided to pay off the house and buy a toy. I want to learn to reload specifically for this purchase.
Kudos on that all around. Good luck! Reloading would really be a great option there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't imagine not reloading with this thing. Never done it before, but gotta learn to do any kind of actual shooting with it.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Hey, y not. And for its class? Not like you're gonna rely on factory ammo anyway. U can always sell it and get half your money back someday...

·
Banned
0 Posts
nice choice for a rifle! the CheyTacs are not cheap and all i have read about them is that they are super accurate and fun as hell to shoot. yes with the cost of ammo for that rifle, reloading is definately the way to go. the biggest expense in the beginning will be the cases and those probably won't be cheap. have you made a scope decision for it yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts