Almost finished with my mossberg

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Boyerracing343, May 17, 2011.

1. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Well a while back i posted about wanting to change my camo turkey gun into a home defense/ zombie slayer. Well i finally almost got it finished.

[​IMG]

2. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

Thats a bad looking gun man! How much did all of it run ya? Looks like it will take out them zombies with ease!

3. Boyerracing343

I got the gun for basically free :). It was in a package deal with a 30-06, 22 and deer stand all for less than what the 06 was worth alone.

24 bucks for the hogue rear pistol grip
    28 bucks for the fore end and pistol grip
    75 bucks for the 18.5 inch barrel.

I can't complain. Going to go run some rounds through it tomorrow.

4. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Check out the Choate top folding stock. My cruiser has one, it's in my album. Very solid design made in Arkansas.

5. Boyerracing343

That's sweet looking! A buddy of mine suggested i picked one up like that.

Thanks for the comments guys. I went out and test fired it this morning. Ended up running a hundred rounds through it with a friend.:D

The 20 rounds of 3'' magnum 00 buckshot was a blast to shoot.:D

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I like the look of that shotty!

Consider one of those "side saddle" shell holders; it's easy to install & doesn't throw off the balance like i worried.

7. Boyerracing343

I'm ordering a side saddle shell holder, 6 rounds. And I think I am going to put a heat shield on the barrel.

8. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

The heat shield is okay but I took mine off & made it a hair lighter. I've never shot mine at the rate where I needed it.

9. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

Looks very nice! 1+

10. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

that's very awesome looking, I like. What are you planning on putting on the top rail? Red dot?

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Nice work she looks pretty cool. How do you like shooting it without the stock?

12. Boyerracing343

I am considering putting a red dot on the top but then again when i think about it i don't see how it would really benefit me since it is basically hip fired 90% of the time. I might stick one on it for looks but I am not sure. The rail was there in its prior life when I used it for deer hunting for a year or so. I had a ACOG style red/green dot on it.

It is actually a blast to shoot without a butt stock. The recoil is there but it isn't outrageous like most people think it would be. I enjoyed shooting and it I know i won't regret putting it together.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Sweet!! Very well done!!

14. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

First and foremost I love your shotgun.

Your post has helped me decide I want the shotgun VS a 2nd EAA Windicator or Kel-Tec .380 ACP.

15. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Get a top folder or a side folder, and you'll have the ability to shoot from the shoulder if you want to.

Mine is with ATI furniture, cheap and reliable.

I'm thinking on getting 2 bandoliers to complement this zombie killer

Attached Files: