Alliant powders

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by robocop10mm, May 8, 2013.

1. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Is anyone else finding Alliant powder to be non-existant lately? Not just sold out, but my LGS has not even received a shipment of any Alliant powder in months. I NEED about 4 pounds of Blue Dot, 1 of Unique and 1 of Red Dot and there is none to be found.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

3. robocop10mm

I sent them an e-mail query. I got a shipment of powders from Powder Valley in Early December. Even then they were out of pretty much all things Alliant. Everything I got was Winchester or IMR. Interested in knowing what's up.

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

About a month ago I scored an 8 lb jug of Unique and a 1 lb jug of Bullseye @ Sportsman's Warehouse. You have to be there when the doors open the morning after the truck arrives (if the truck arrives.)
    It's out there, but it will require patience and no small amount of luck. I can't remember the last time I saw primers, though.

5. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

Not everyone likes or does facebook...but if you do, powder valley has a facebook page and they post when they receive product . You have to keep up with them and order quickly.

6. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

My LGS has tons of Alliant (Unique and Red Dot), but no Power Pistol which is my preferred powder.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Primers seem to be more of an issue in my area.

8. droes

droes New Member

My lgs had a few 8 lb kegs of blue dot. Maybe 8 or 9.

9. robocop10mm

Geez Louise!! 9 kegs of Blue Dot? I do not remember the last time I saw anything bigger that the 4 or 5 pounders.

You anywhere near Austin Texas? I will drive an hour or two for an 8 pounder

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

I can't find any powder or primers. Rarely bullets either. The only powder I ever see is black powder. Doesn't help me much.

11. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I just bought 1,000 230 gr .45 bullets from Extreme Bullets on Tuesday and they shipped yesterday. They said .40's will be available next week, so things are starting to settle again I think.

12. robocop10mm

Got this reply from Alliant

"We are running 24/7 and are unable to come close to meeting demand. We have no idea when this market condition will end. Sorry.

Ben

Alliant Powder Technical Service

This has to end eventually

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, hopefully that means new people are getting into shooting and reloading, at least.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

more the better

15. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Robo,Alpine Shooting Range in Ft.Worth has a big selection of Alliant/Ramshot/and Hodgdon powders in stock.
    The problem is the price. I refuse to buy anything from them ever again,they want $200 for an 8lb jug of H414 and $30 for a 1lb can.

I will not support retailers that try to take advantage of the situation. I'll just wait until the online retailers get some instock,and gladly pay a $27.50 hazmat fee,just so I make a point to the local guy's that are price gouging.