Allen West on 2A

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by bkt, Oct 2, 2012.

1. bkt

bkt New Member

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Most excellent speech. I would love to see that guy on a ballot I could vote for, he would be my pick hands down.

3. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Agreed - excellent speech!

4. bkt

bkt New Member

What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Agreed but with his take on 2A I am fairly certain he would be in line of the Founding Fathers.

I also think that it is only a matter of time before he runs for higher office.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

He's got my vote...

7. -06

-06 New Member

Really appreciate folks like him who know and speak. Something that always bothers me is some who think the second amendment preserves guns for hunting--it has nothing to do with hunting but to the preservation of our republic and personal freedom.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

For me, common sense goes a long ways. Of course I would like to know his plans for a budget and how he is going to treat the troops and our overseas commitments, the border, but I think he is smart enough to know "when he doesn't know" to hire the best to better educate him.

Unlike, well, 90% of the people running in this election who are educated through sound bites and party bias to say any fool thing that keeps them in lock step to the starfish in front of them. :mad:

When it comes to West, I don't think he is "political" as much as he is just a point of fact type of analyzer of problems and developer of working solutions. That approach resonates with me.

Just because you have a "D" or an "R" by your name doesn't mean you can't have a good idea, or be a complete dumbass and be immediately ignored.

JD

9. PC167

PC167 New Member

I like that quote and may have to use it. :)

10. bkt

bkt New Member

He resonates with me, too. I have no reason to doubt him. That's why I want to know more about him...to be more sure. He seems like someone I could actually campaign for. When I go all-in, people around me run for cover. That doesn't happen often. I'd really like to be able to endorse this guy.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'll say, I don't even believe you have gone all-in on BACON for Christ's sweet sake. :eek::D

12. bkt

bkt New Member

I wrap pork loins in bacon (that's seriously delicious if you've never done it. Apply your favorite dry rub to a pork loin, wrap it up in bacon w/ toothpicks, sprinkle fresh ground pepper like it's going out of style and drizzle balsamic vinegar on it all. Cover in foil and bake for an hour. Uncover and broil for just a few minutes to crisp the bacon.). We buy bacon by the metric ton. Every opportunity to get bacon is exploited. Believe me, I'm all-in on bacon.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well finally! A positive, popular and definitive opinion for you. This might be your first one. :p:D

I am TOTALLY trying that recipe now by the way. :cool:

14. bkt

bkt New Member

That's bake at 325 for an hour. Sorry to have omitted that crucial morsel of info.

WTF do you mean a "positive, popular and definitive opinion for" me?! This ain't a goddamn beauty contest. I'm here to piss people off and make them think. :cool:

(But I have a bunch more recipes. Maybe we should have a recipe forum.)

15. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

For everyone's reading pleasure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)

Long story short, I would reenlist to serve in his command. This is an example of a Superior Officer and I have only given that rating to 5 other officers in my 26 years of service!

HOOAH!!

16. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Well spoken not just a speech giver, well educated on the subject not reading a teleprompter. A politician that I am willing to listen to with interest, not listening to to find out what will be retracted faster than a crawdad's tail.

Mr. West is probably too smart to run for President (not saying I would vote for him yet) but Speaker of the House, I think that would make a nice title for him for now. Intelligent, a set of STONES, well articulated.

17. TDS92A

Good call!

Speaker or the House would be able to keep a President under some kind of control. :)

18. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Col. West has been a favorite of mine for some time. I too hope he runs for higher office some day. I wish he were running now in Romney's place.

19. bkt

bkt New Member

+227 trillion to that! I'm pretty sure he's someone I could cast a vote for with a clear conscience.

20. TDS92A

He would have my vote and he would win by oh, umm, what is higher than a landslide? :D

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012