All night smoke

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by fireguy, May 14, 2011.

1. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Due to a very busy weekend I am going to pull an allnighter smoking 8 pork butts. Just got everything on about an hour ago. I had a wedding to go to today, family graduations from high school and college tomorrow, so to get the meat done before our Legion Rider's fundraiser on Thursday I needed to get it done tonight. Hopefully I can get a few hours of sleep between checking the firebox. I use hickory chips and natural lump charcoal. I mixed a big batch of rub this morning and coated the meat then and let it sit in the fridge until tonight. Gonna be tired tomorrow, but the eats are going to be good.

2. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Just wondering.... do you like facebook and or twitter?

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I don't tweet. I have been on facebook.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

I just did a but roast yesterday, It was good but not as good as I would like. 6 hours grilling for 1/3rd of a but roast

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Mine have been on for about 11 hours now. I'm stoke it one more time before we leave for Sunday school and then just let them cool on down in the smoker. I have some friends coming over after lunch to help me shred it.
    They have a good bark on them already.

6. opaww

opaww New Member

Do you use a rub?

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I mix chile powder, onion powder, granulated garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, dried mustard and brown sugar for my rub.

When I make ribs I go a little heavier on the black and cayenne pepper and use a mop sauce. I just mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar, molasses, and dijon mustard, it gives a great color and flavor.