All I can say is whoops

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by CruzJC, Aug 8, 2009.

1. CruzJC

CruzJC New Member

Lesson one never let your nephew of seventeen put the slide on your glock withouth your supervision. Even though he said he knew what he was doing :)

Hey guys,

Somehow he got the slide on but missed the front rail section so it is floating above yet locked in place in the back. I can pull the slide all the way to the open position but I cannot lift it off or drive it forward for removal.

Do you have any ideas here. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

I recall something similar and I think the guy was able to use the standard disassembly procedure to remove the slide ( pull the trigger to rear, etc. ).

3. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Best I can recommend is finding a local gun dealer that has a Certified Glock Armorer on staff. Sounds like a quick easy fix, alas, I'm not a Glock Armorer (yet).

4. shooter-55

shooter-55 New Member

Glock problem.....

First, get the biggest hammer you can lift and then.........only kidding. I recall doing the same thing myself while in a hurry to get to something else (first mistake). I believe that I had to remove the striker to release the trigger to get it in place to disassemble. You probably need to consult the armorer as suggested above......