All comments would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by BTenn, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BTenn

BTenn New Member

Have a Kel-Tec .380 that I carry all the time IWB. It has a little pocket clip on it that makes for great ccw. BUT I am a HUGE Glock fanatic. I have been considering the Glock 36 .45 ACP Slimline as a replacement. I understand that Glock Also has pocket clips that you can attach to fit IWB. My question is if anybody carries a G36 like this or If anybody has them how well they like them. My Kel-Tec has failed me several times and needs to be gotten rid of.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I think the last line of your post says it all. Don't carry an unreliable gun.
    That said glocks are great and .45 has great stopping power.

3. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Just get a good IWB holster and forget those clips attached to your handgun. You want to be able to draw it reliably when needed.

4. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I can draw my keltec fine. It's just it won't shoot haha

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Totally - no brainer
    BUT- How has the keltec failed you-
    Guess you're still alive?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I took it to the range to shoot it and out of 50 rds had 4 double feeds and 1 failure to fire.

7. BTenn

BTenn New Member

Thing is I hate the IWB holsters. Much rather have the clip. But still the question is can you conceal one like that.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

****can it :(

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yes, I hate IWB myself- Find a hi ride slim leather belt holster - You'll have to wear a loose shirt but -- Well, no buts- Thats about it :rolleyes:

10. GonzoGeezer

GonzoGeezer New Member

Could it be ammo ? Limp wristing the gun ? Have you called .keltec?

11. BTenn

BTenn New Member

A friend of mine has one and he hasn't had any problems out of his. I know the G36 is a little thicker than the keltec buy I think it might work. Idk for sure though. I wish Glock made a compact pistol like that. But no o haven't contacted Keltec about it. And I shot is just like I would my Glocks.

12. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

One thing that no one has brought up is weight. That little Keltec .380 weighs a LOT less than a G36 .45 weighs. That little clip might work well on the .380, but I doubt you will like it on the much heavier .45. I would get a good holster for sure, wether it be a IWB or belt slide, you will better support and weight displacement than you will get from a little clip.

I have been carring concealed for 16 years now. My closet shelf is full of what I thought were good ideas, only to find out in real life they didn't work out so well. I pretty much now only carry in a Cross breed or a Tommy Theis IWB holster. I have them for my .380's, my Glocks, my Sigs and my 1911's. I would also recomend a good sturdy gun belt.

All of this is just from my experience, so take it or leave it.
    Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

13. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

You're an accident waiting to happen.

How does that clip cover the trigger area?

14. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Did you see these? They both cover the trigger.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws89CtN3xaM&feature=related[/ame]

&

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmy-0oW_UM[/ame]

&

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAqs4MGBjI&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  15. devildog24

devildog24 New Member

I have a Clip-Draw on two of my Glocks. They work fine for me when all I have on is a t-shirt for concealment. I wouldn't use them on the small glocks though, not enough barrel lenght to keep the gun from moving around.

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have one of the P3AT. So far, no malfunctions.

I can understand when a .380 may be a better choice for carry in some instances. I tried to hide a 5" 1911 government model in my speedo, but had no place to carry extra mags.

(If your carry gun is known to malfunction, then why do you carry it?)

17. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I think the g36 is a great idea. I have a g30 i carry iwb with a tommy theis holster and couldnt be happier. Very concealed and comfortable for all day carry

18. losack

losack New Member

Desantis makes an excellent back pocket holster for the P3AT and Rugers.

The whole gun drops in an it eliminates printing. You can even fire the gun in the holster. You drop it in. Rack the slide. Cocked and ready. Two holes in the side. One for middle finger to pull out and one for the trigger. You can easily index your trigger finger outside the card during draw.

Check it out. Around 40 bucks. I too have a drawer full of holsters!

19. Schuss

Schuss New Member

I carry my G30 IWB & OWB, depending on what I'm wearing. The G36 is a bit slimmer and should be just fine.
    Stop carrying the Kel-Tec until you get it checked out. (My $.02)

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a G36. It weighs 27 oz with 7 rounds of 230 grain 45ACP's on board. I usually carry it at 4 0'clock iwb with the butt forward. You dont get the grip bulge when you bend and it is easier for me to draw. Also easier to access while in a car. I sometimes carry it cross draw on the belt. A lot depends on how I am dressed. A loose Hawaiian shirt covers a lot. My Ruger SR9c is just a little smaller and easier to carry. It is an ounce heavier with 11 rounds of 124 grain 9mm. Easiest to carry is my Sig P238 in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster or in a Remora.