All ar-15's look the same

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sagenodland, Dec 7, 2011.

1. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

Their all black (well most)
    There's three types
    CQB
    "The "s" word orshall i say sniper!
    Or fixed carry handle ones

Ar's arent all that exciting for me they are pretty genaric nowadays

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Huh? Stating that all ARs look the same is like saying all cars look the same because they have 4 tires...makes no sense at all. You don't like them...fine, why not keep it to yourself unless you're just cruising to start a ruckus.

3. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

I wasn't trying to start anything i was just wondering on everyone elses opinion on them looking the same (or not)
    So I see you get really defensive over it.

Im sorry...didn't mean to offend anyone..

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I'm not offended...as I stated you are 100% entitled to your opinion. There has just been a lot of drive-by instigating lately, many of which just drop a few lines to bait members into a fight...was just pointing that out.

No harm, no foul...

5. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

Im guessing the people that are doing the instigating are brand new members that don't seem to have Anything better to do

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I don't think they all look the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

You could try asking a question instead of making a semi loaded statement if you looking for opinions. I'm not offended myself.

I have to point out though, that they look the same because they all basically ARE the same. There are different variants and different options, nowadays there are even different operating systems. But the platform itself is pretty much the same concept with all of them.

Much the same way that ALL bolt actions have very strong similarities. As do all pump shotguns, all break action shotguns, all revolvers, all semi auto pistols have similarities, you see where I'm going with this?

You want something truly unique and original? Good! We could use a shake up in firearms design, get to work! :)

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Sounds like a good description of the OP.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its also like saying all 1911s are the same. The AR15 and the 1911 are two platforms that can be treated as a blank slate.they start out as a basic platform but Everything can be changed out and customized.take a look at the AR15 picture thread,not everyone tricks them out the same.same platform but different furniture and accessories

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

And normally when you browse a particular forum its because you own the particular firearm or you are interested in the particular firearm. When you enter a forum about a particular firearm and post something negative about it,it seems like your being a troll and trying to instigate an argument

11. ANGRYcanary

ANGRYcanary New Member

MrWray, Where's the AR pic thread..?

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I would paste the thread for you bro but im using my phone and it wont let me do it. Its in this forum, if you load more recent threads you should find it

13. ANGRYcanary

ANGRYcanary New Member

cool, thanks man...!:)

14. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

+1 to that

And btw...I'm not trying to be a troll.im just looking for opinion on the matter

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

What exactly is the opinion your looking for though? If others think all or most ARs look the same?
    I say yes, beyond the obvious differences like lights and sights, they are all extremely similar. That's just the nature of that platform.

16. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

I guess your right. Sorry for all the fuss