Algc idpa shoot...

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by dicky0331, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

I just returned from my first IDPA shoot. I had a blast! I was pleased with my performance this morning. Although I won't know how I placed till wendsday or so... If you haven't participated in one of these shoots, you really shoot look into it! I think it makes a great day with the family.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent dicky. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't participate, but I enjoy being a spectator once in a while.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

Sorry no pics or video, all of my shooting buddies were busy... As a side note I was very surprised to see such a small number of 1911's there. I was the only guy my age (25) with one! Outside of me I only say 6 or so more, and there were more than 50 competitors there. I think this will be the beginning of another shooting habit...:D I will post my placing when they are posted

5. VR4

VR4 New Member

Good to hear you had fun.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Just recently joined the IDPA, haven't shot my classification shoot yet...need some more range time before I feel confident enough. What class do you shoot?

7. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

I shoot the custom defense pistol class, nothing special just a sprinfield loaded model with hogue combat grips. I haven't shot for my classification yet either... But the next shoot is the 11th, I will have to ask about that. Good luck and have fun.

8. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

I placed 7th in my pistol class, out of 11. I got a procedural for dropping a mag with rounds still in it, which I didn't know was a no-no. It cost me 3 second on my time. That really seemed to hurt my standings. I guess it's one of those learn as you go things though....

9. VR4

VR4 New Member

Keep it up. Dry fire and you'll start to climb the latter.