Alberta 2013 Flood Victims

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rocky7, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Our prayers are with you. If anybody was evacuated, made it to their trailer and needs a place to park a 5w or trailer around Red Deer, send me a pm.

Stay strong.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

[​IMG]

Other reports say farmers were coming into High River with equipment, incl. combines, to move people out.

It breaks my heart that good people like this are ruled by eastern liberal bottom feeders.

Calgary Zoo is getting ready to move the big cats into jail cells in the basement of the downtown courthouse. Leave a couple of pedophiles with them, sez I. We can get a toofer - feed the cats and save the cost of a couple trials.

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Calgary:

[​IMG]

Man and his cat swimming out of a swamped pickup (they both made it):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Home Depot tried to jack up the price of bottled water. Within a matter of hours, they were apologizing profusely. Same goes for a big hotel that raised it's rates from $99 to $190. Their rate is now $69.

Albertans won't put up with that crap. There's been no reports of looting that I'm aware of....that's another very bad idea around here.

This news today:

The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth has survived two World Wars and a Great Depression without ever having to cancel the event in its 101-year history.

On Monday morning, overlooking Stampede Park from Scotchman’s Hill, Bob Thompson, president and chairman of the Calgary Stampede Board, said the 10-day extravaganza will open its gates July 5 “come hell or high water.”

[​IMG]
    Yee-haw!

It's a good day to belong here.

5. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Agreed! Calgary is a wonderful place. Alberta is one redeeming feature of Canada.

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Too true! If/when my fellow Albertans are ready to go it alone, I'm there.

ps: Ted Cruz was born in Calgary. If you guys ever decide you're done with him, please send him north. Man, could we ever use him!

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

“I don’t even know half of them,” the accountant said. “We may have lost things of value, but what’s priceless is the help I’m getting.”

This stretch of Sunnyside may still be uninhabitable, but no one here is waiting for the government to fix everything. Dozens of friends, neighbours and perfect strangers have just shown up, providing free food, generators and pumps. Volunteers in thick rubber boots were directed to homes in need. There, they shovelled mud or moved strips of sodden carpets through windows. It’s a scene that’s starting to replicate itself throughout the city.

Ms. Wathke was so overwhelmed that she insisted many of the helpers sign their names and leave their e-mail addresses on her basement wall. The bottom four feet of drywall, soaked by flood waters, will have to be removed. The rest will stay forever.

“I don’t have family here,” she said, stifling tears. “Everyone has been so incredible.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/24/gerson-floods-monday/

A lot of stuff like that has been happening. It makes a guy a little misty.

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

OK, last one. I just love this cowboy attitude.....

[​IMG]