albert Pujols

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonewolf101, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

My team is the Yankees! and now with this I dont want to hear any on here saying the yankees buy their World Series with the Angles inking him to a 10 year 1/4 billion dollars deal.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

At 31 years old, I think the Angels may have made a mistake in giving him a 10-year no-trade contract.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

As a Cardinal fan myself . First off the man doesnt have 10 yrs left in him as a ball player , so I truely understand his choice " Job Security " , if he falls off the face of the baseball earth because he doesnt have it in him anymore aft...er 5 yrs he still gets paid . Who wouldnt make that choice ? Smart for him yes , Even better for the Cards now they have some money to recuit some new young ball players , There are lots of great players out there finding them is the key . Doesnt hurt my feelings to see him go , he is over paid anyway . One player isnt going to help the Angels out there and now with a huge $26 mill contract @ yr like that gives them no leverage dollar wise to make any more big purchases for players . not the smartest thing on their part . Either way I will always be a Cardinal fan no matter who they have :)

4. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

the yankees and Angels are on the HOOK for old players...... Arod for the yanks and Pujols for the Angels.

5. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I was glad to see we, STL, did not "waste" 200+ million dollars on 1 player. I think Albert made a good choice in taking the Angels deal. I also think the Marlins made a good call in stepping out. They had to place security around the statue of Albert in Westport at Pujols 5 restaurant. It used to be called Ozzie's. They need to stick with a real Cardinal and rename it "Stan the Man's"

6. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Pujols might pan out for the Angels. If I Remember right they have a pretty strong farm team. They don't have to pay the young guys much there first couple years or so.

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The AL does have the DH...Desinaited Hitter..So maybe when he gets older he can just come to the ballpark with-out a glove and only hit the ball....

8. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Did anyone hear the crap his wife is spouting off? How we, St. Louis, screwed them by only offering a 5 year deal. And we were not loyal to them and keeping our word about being a Cardinal for life. News flash Pujols... you only have 5 good years left in your career!!! In the long run, Albert Pujols made a financial decision to ensure mama was happy. At least St. Louis dodged a bullet and the Pujols family will stimulate the economy for many years to come. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  9. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

He'll be 32 in January, a Dominican 32 ;), and I was really glad the the Cards didn't bite on trying to outbid the Angels. They can have him and I just don't see him being worth that kind of money per year.

I quit rooting for individual players after Jimmy got traded. Now I root for the team as a whole. I still cheer individual accomplishments but don't get too excited over any one player.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:confused:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

One word:speechless