Alaskan winter

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by alaskandude33, Dec 1, 2012.

1. alaskandude33

alaskandude33 New Member

So I need some help with a holster. Right now I'm using a blackhawk serpa cqc and it worked fine until I had to start wearing my thick winter gear. The weapon can't e exposed and I need to be able to get to it soooooo.... Any suggestions?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dude- moved your thread- you posted in the section for computer help with the forum. What is the firearm you are carrying? When I was in the field in the Great land (Fairbanks and North) we used a leather flap style holder- and a lanyard on the pistol- helps you find it before spring thaw if you drop it. Wondering what the Troopers and Game Wardens carry?

3. oli700

oli700 New Member

I'd spring for a nice shoulder holster, assuming its a full size pistol G20 or so

4. alaskandude33

alaskandude33 New Member

Hahaha thanks, they often carry a long gun because of this issue, or the coats have a zipper on the right side. I have to wear coveralls and I bought a pistol so i wasn't toteing around my rifle anymore.

5. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

If you go to 5/11's website then go to outerware then concealed carry you might find something that might fit you're needs.