Alaskan Super Redhawk

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by BillyTheKid, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid New Member

The alaskan super red hawk is a badass gun and I never shot one and I was wondering what I should expect when I get one

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

So you can qualify that statement how? :confused:

3. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid New Member

I ment like iv seen videos on YouTube it looks badass

4. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Those you tube vids really show you how a gun feels and functions. Did you see the hi point ones or the 22lr sniper rifles? Those things are sick! .______.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I would recommend shooting one before you purchase it ;)

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Can i troll myself? Sorry bad day

ForumRunner_20120921_204525.jpg

7. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

You can expect a 45OZ gun that is expensive to shoot. If you have no experience with magnum handguns I highly recommend shooting a 44mag of any type. That should be no problem if your collection has grown to the point you have nothing left to buy but a 44mg.

8. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

Expect a cone of flame that immolates all that stand before you.

Expect a slight jolt that reacts with the nerve endings in your hand, sending impulses through your body, ending at the junction betwixt your legs, and spilling your seed.

Expect spontaneous beard growth.

Look for the urge to take off your belt, make a sling, commandeer a UH-1H, strap the Ruger in, and do some door gunning.

Expect women to dew up in your presence.

If you're a real man, get 2 and dual wield....;)

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Expect to spend a great deal of money on a pistol that is completly worthless unless a grizzly is chewing on you, then you try to shot it and maybe yourself. Or to wear at your next BBQ like your a cool guy. If you want a revolver to hit shomething with or hunt with buy a longer barrel. Or by a nice gp100 with a 3 to 6" barrel and learn how to shot it well. badass videos aren't worth much to many shooters except to see some guy look foolish on video.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

This post must be quoted for awesomeness ... wait, no ... this post must be quoted for awesomeness in all other threads!!!

... it's that God Damned good!!! :D

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

curious as to how many large caliber handguns you have shot?

what to expect? loud noise and lots of hand numbing recoil if you're not used to shooting large caliber handguns.

12. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

My wife goes to the range and blows off a box of 357 mag because she had a bad day. Oh yah! I forgot to mention she has a lot of experience with large caliber handguns. :)

13. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Billy,

This gun was dubbed the "Alaskan" because it fits a very specific niche. It is meant for people living in the North or mountainous areas that have both a need to conceal carry and the very real chance to run into an 800lb animal that wants to kill them.

Since the gun weighs just under three pounds and has a 2.5in barrel, there will be a strong recoil pulse and muzzle flip that will most likely point the gun close to straight up. Again, people in Alaska would not be firing this without heavy gloves on, which might help felt recoil.

This is a specialty weapon that fills a specific need and not practical to most hunters or shooters because heavier weapons can be found in the same caliber with longer barrels for both better accuracy and less felt recoil. This is not a weapon you would want to target shoot! I imagine most owners sight it in and don't fire it again.

If you still want one, you can find these big bore cannons on sites like Guns America or Gun Broker all the time including a box of shells minus the six that they fired that made them want to sell it. :D

14. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I still find myself wanting an Alaskan, even though I know all the short comings of it.

15. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Why haven't I seen this in a video or movie yet?!?!?! :confused:

16. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I know the feeling. Everytime i go and look at new handguns I always go and look at it. Its very impracticle but i love the look and feel of the alaskan.

17. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Anyone pulled the trigger on one?

I shot the 44mag model. I put 10 rounds of 44 special and i was done.
    I can put 50 44mags in my grandads super redhawk. But this little alaskan daaaaaamn. My hand was sore.
    As a last ditch gun it's ok. I would rather have a 2.5 or 3in gp100 in 357 for the same purpose.

18. Garadex

Garadex New Member

But sometimes you just need a bigger gun, wether you actually need it or just want it, either way; you need it.

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

No way I want to try and kill a pissed off Grizzly or Brown with a .357.

20. 1411

1411 New Member

Very well written reply. Nothing against the original poster of this thread but here in WI a pistol such as this is not practical.