Alarm system scare

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by texaswoodworker, Aug 16, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Well, the other day, we were on our way to have dinner with my aunt and cousin for their birthdays, and my grandparent's security alarm went off. :eek:

We were already 30 miles away from the house when it happened, so we were freaking out a bit.

The alarm service had already called the Sheriff, but we were still worried, so we called the neighbor so he could watch out for any cars that were leaving the house. (They would HAVE to go by his property to leave).

When we finally made it to the house, there was a crowd out front. Not only was one of the Sheriff's deputys there, but also the neighbor, his son, and his son's wife. All of them had brought their guns. :D

Luckily, it ended up being a false alarm. One of the sensors had fallen off of the window.

It's good to know that their neighbors wouldn't hesitate to help. It's also good to know that the deputy lives close by, and somehow made it there in 2-3 minutes.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice! Armed response neighbors, that deserves some cookies or ammo or something.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Now THAT is a neighborhood watch program!!

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep...good to know you has backup...:D

Attached Files:

5. Cshooter

Cshooter New Member

A little E-6000 and that sensor will never come off again

6. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I had a customer one time , big black guy from NY who had a habbit of just riding my atv's when ever he came by for boat work , would not ask , he would just take off on one .
    Got a call one day from my neighbor , '' Hey , Im looking a big black guy through my crosshairs right now riding your four wheeler '' So I called that customer and asked if he was at my house to which he was , I told him he has a gun zeroed in on him right now and its best he leaves , never heard from him again
    hehehehehe

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you have much better neighbors than I do. Last September when I was out of town working for 2 weeks my Jeep was broken into - stereo/cd player/amp, recovery bag, cb, gps and the winch was removed from the front bumper. Only 2 ways to get the winch off - cut it off or remove the bumper and undo the bolts.

Keep in mind the Jeep was parked under a lamp post, 10' from the neighbors front door ..... nobody heard/saw nothing :rolleyes:

8. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

Get some 3m indoor outdoor double sided tape its the red and grey one. Also after putting it on the window and all the others get clear silicone and go around the sensor and mag it will help with the expansion with weather change

9. texaswoodworker

They have another neighbor who's house you have to go within 30 feet of to get to their house (also armed), they have a couple who built a house directly in front of their house (they are big into target shooting with handguns), and they have another couple who are also big into guns that built a house a hundred yards or so behind the first couple's house. Yep, it's always nice to know that you're surrounded by good people with big guns. :D

Thanks for the tips, I think my grandfather already fixed that problem, but if he hasn't, I'll pass on your advice.

LMAO!

That's crazy! Did they ever find out who did it?

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

of course not ... Officers response was that they were having a theft increase due to some less than savory students attending the college in town :rolleyes:

11. texaswoodworker

That sucks. :(

12. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

buddies jeep got stuck in the tar river , came back the next day with it pulled out , on the rotors , engine running , no winches , no roll bar , no cb radio or whip but they left the amp , speakers , cd changer and player .

stole the cb radio ........ that right there tells you what background that theif is from , prob someone named catfish or gator or some $hit lol

ooooooooweeeeeeee we dun got us a anuther one them cb radios

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

A cb is just like anything else of value, they can sell it for quick cash. They are also easier to steal because most people use the trucker mount which only uses two thumb screws to hold the radio, unscrew the screws, yank the power cord and unscrew the antennae coax and go.

Some of those cb radio are also very expensive. I work with a couple drivers that paid a little over 600 for thier radios.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Yep, i think they lived next to your jeep.

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I can almost garuantee it. They were the same neighbors had been having problems with regarding them abusing their dog. I guess they didn't like getting turned into to the Police.

No matter, they were run out about a month later by thier landlord spur of the moment on a Sunday. He showed up and gave them till dusk to be gone. It's been a lot quieter around here ever since :)

As for the stolen gear, I'm a big beleiver in karma ... one day while while winching themselves out of a ditch maybe the winch will fail and the vehicle will crush em' :cool:

16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Glad was a false alarm!!! You got some awesome neighbors

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Ever see what a loaded broken winch cable does to a person ;) Karma Baby !!

18. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

sounds like a post for the bad neighbors thread....:eek:

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

awesome!!!

20. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Speaking of winches ..... who the fugk knew that 2 libitty 5/16 stainless screws wedged into some 2x6 would stall a 4000lbs winch ?