Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Dang I gotta get out Kalifornia and to a better state with a law like this.

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am nearly positive it will pass. We have some pretty good state legislators down here. I just hope and pray the don't goof up and not pass it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Devin556 said:
I am nearly positive it will pass. We have some pretty good state legislators down here. I just hope and pray the don't goof up and not pass it.
If I remember correctly we have 8 senators. 6 of them rote the bill. I thank it will pass

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Good luck in getting closer to how it is in wisconsin!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I tried to find out if it passed or not but doesn't look like there is any news on it yet. But I agree, I don't see why it woudn't.

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't even realize it was today. I hope it passed. I'm gonna be searching for news on it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm in north alabama (Athens) and this will be a big win for the 2nd Amendment.

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i aint to far from you. im in winston county.

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
I agree with all of it except the NICS check. The Feds have no business making the decision on who gets a permit at state level.
It needs some wording to the affect that Alabama law enforcement/National Guard will not assist in the registration or confiscation of any privately owned firearms by Federal Agents.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Heck yes! This needs to go through!

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with all of it except the NICS check. The Feds have no business making the decision on who gets a permit at state level.
It needs some wording to the affect that Alabama law enforcement/National Guard will not assist in the registration or confiscation of any privately owned firearms by Federal Agents.
i agree with you 100% on that.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
One thing that confused me. If the Alabama legislator has all control of firearm, ammo, ext. dose this mean the Feds have little or no control?

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was kind of wondering what that last part meant myself. i couldnt really understand it with the way it was worded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts