Alabama kidnapper gets 200 year sentence.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by MisterMcCool, Mar 16, 2013.

1. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dammit man. I have no love for criminals, but I think that's a little stiff. Was a middling sentencing for each offense that would total 100 years not enough? He could get out on parole at around 80 years old, which could be a hasher penalty in itself.

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Well he was already a convicted felon. Doesnt look like he has learned anything from his prior run in's with the law. I say he is where he needs to be. Worthless is as worthless does.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Really though. 200 years? Why not just the death penalty? Save a lot of money...

5. andrewwanca

andrewwanca New Member

No kidding. Death penalty and move on. It is expensive providing cable tv and 3 meals a day for these scum bags.

Done.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

IIRC, death penalty trials are insanely expensive. A few sites evened claimed that they are more expensive than sentencing someone to life, then supporting them until they die. He also didn't commit a death penalty worthy crime.
    I'm with trip on this one. He deserved a lot of time, but 200 years is a bit excessive.

7. bohunter85

bohunter85 New Member

The average cost to house someone for life is 500,000 dollars +\-, average cost to try, convict and put someone to death is 17 million, +\- He's where he belongs!

8. Rarity

Rarity New Member

It must really stink to be him
    200 years is quite an investment. :eek:

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I remember one in VA that had a double life sentence plus 210 years. Remember him because we were looking for him when he escaped.

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Not all men are sheeple. Not all women are weak. Not all children are helpless. That is my only warning to anybody who wants to f k with my family. 200 years is not so bad when you consider the alternative of what real Americans can do protecting themselves. I know many of you can say the same thing.

Picture of a German executioners robe and sword. Middle Ages.

Attached Files:

• 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  11. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Agree....I am sick of paying for these guys aswell.

12. MisterMcCool

It is unlikely he will serve the entire sentence.

13. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Dude has previous felonies, I think 200 years is about the minimum amount of time for him to serve.

14. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Call me a softy, but I think 150 years would have been plenty. With him eligible for parole at 130 years. ;)

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I guess the thing I'm getting at is this: I just think "200 years" is a bit arbitrary. Someone just mentioned the comparison of costs, with a death penalty conviction being 17+ mil, and a life in prison term being around 500k.

Okay, that's a big disparity. Life in prison it is... But why not just say, "Mr. Criminal, you will stay in prison until you're dead." Why, "200 years"? Just seems silly to me. Maybe just because they have to actually use a number...

16. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I most vehemently disagree! These people are NOT worthless!

There are hundreds of thousands of people who need kidneys, lungs, corneas, hearts, etc.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  17. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The scumgag got what he deserved. Its not like he was a choir boy who stole from the donation plate. From the article.

“We’re asking for max and consecutive sentences,” Shields said. “He’s got a prior gun offense. He’s truly a danger to the community.”

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I freaking love the way you think!

19. MisterMcCool

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Unless someone is caught literally red handed, I am not in favor of the death penalty. There have been too many wrongful convictions and the cost of a death penalty trial and subsequent appeals is staggering. However I am in favor of bringing back oared galleys.:rolleyes: Seriously an incarcerated criminal does not deserve luxuries and should have to work for privileges. They might just learn a sense of value.
    Do not construe this post to mean I would not shoot someone threatening my family or myself. That would be pretty red handed.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013