AK's

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by The5Last5Rebel, Mar 24, 2012.

1. The5Last5Rebel

The5Last5Rebel New Member

AK's are like most Russian women. They're not to pretty, but there mean as hell, they work hard, and they most definitely know how to get the job done.

2. southernfirepower

southernfirepower New Member

Well since this looks like a thread that has no specific topic other than (ak's) I just want to share my thoughts.......
    I love the platform. Was one of my first firearms, and I plan to keep it in my arsenal as long as I am alive to have one:) hooray for the worlds most reliable! And before anyone says anything yes I have a good quality ar and I just like my ak better.

3. The5Last5Rebel

The5Last5Rebel New Member

Amen to that.

4. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

What's a good Ak to buy for around 600 bucks. I am even willing to trade a sig p226 for one. Just because I want one so bad. But I don't want no POS Ak. I at least want some quality one. They got them for around 400-500 by me but don't know of its worth trading a sig for.

5. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Personally, for $600 i'd get a wasr 10 and mod it out a little bit, a nice m4 style stock and maybe some railed handguards. You'll still have cash left for ammo too

6. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I bought this WASR for $600 out the door 2000 rounds later its never had a hiccup great gun and pretty by me :) my dad loves it so much hes buying another ak for him as well and decking it out tactical status.

Attached Files:

7. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

http://www.classicfirearms.co/semi-auto rifles.htm

They have some AK's for around that price. Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll start seeing them. I got my converted Saiga from them but they're out of stock now. I don't think they will take a trade but they have some good prices, as long as they're in stock.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Try J&G and buymilsurpdotcom.

I like the CZ58, but anything on the pages shoots

well, if it's an AKM platform.

When I really want to rip off a few dozen(or hundred)

rounds fast, nothing I've shot so far beats the

feel of the AK.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'm glad someone linked Classicfirearms. The converted Saiga is probably the best deal going.

I won't comment on what rifle is better for quick and accurate follow up shots. Cough A cough R lol

10. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

M10-762 fits your list of wants. Mine will ring an 8-inch gong all day long at 200 yards. My sons better eyes will hit at 300 with a 50% hit rate. Not bad for an AK.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

BTW, I wouldn't trade a P-226 for one. An arguably great

cast, milled, and machined pistol for a meat-and-potatoes stamped

receiver and a bunch of run- of- the-mill parts? I like AKs, but

that's hardly a good deal. At least get a decent 1911 for that SIG.