AKKAR O/U 12guage sporting model

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Wouva1, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Wouva1

Wouva1 New Member

G'day fellas

I'm now in the hunt for a shotgun,I already have a rifle for long range and would like a shotgun for duck hunting and for some large pigs up close...I really can't afford much as I have spent money on scope and reloading equipment for my 308 rifle....the other day I walked into my local gunshop and was eyeballing an AKKAR O/U 30 inch barrel with comes with 3 interchangeable chokes,barrel selector and auto eject all for $750 AUS dollars which is a pretty reasonable price to pay here in Australia......could somebody please shed some light on this shotgun as to how good it may be,if anyone has any feedback it would be great to here about it

image-3304048654.jpg

The gun is the 4th from the top......cheers

2. NCcrimedog

NCcrimedog New Member

Turkish made shotgun, they make solid guns. Nothing to fancy but good quality generally. What type of ducks do you hunt down there?

3. Wouva1

Wouva1 New Member

Thanks mate appreciate the reply

Ducks we mainly get here in AUS are generally called wood ducks as far as I no,very tasty on the plate I might add....went to the range yesterday in search of finding someone with a AKKAR o/u shottie and there were two gentleman who graciously gave me a few rounds to fire....I was very impressed and already have put a deposit on it today...can't say I can wait to go hunting with it........cheers