Akkar model 300 HD shotgun

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by unclebear, May 21, 2012.

1. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I took her out today put 100 rounds of federal 2/3" 1 1/8 shot, #7.5 shot. 12 gauge, I tried two different chokes an open one that I thinks just to protect the threads, and a turkey choke that comes with the gun. At 20 yards with the turkey choke I had an average of 9" groups out of an 18/5" barrel, with the other choke I have no clue how bit the group was I'm guessing at least 3 feet. With the ghost ring sights they were pretty much on I hit what I was aiming at I even threw a couple of bottles up and was able to hit them out of the air.

Over all out of the 100 rounds I had one hang fire, which caught me off guard and the shotgun ended up really nailing me in the shoulder. Over all I think that the guns pretty good, feels good in the hands shoots well. Didn't have any extraction problems or cycling problems. The only real thing I don't like about the gun is it's made in turkey. I try not to buy not american guns but I thought I would try it out.

Over all I would recommend this gun, so far, but only time will tell if this gun was worth the money.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You would be surprised by the quality of Turkish shotguns. They may not be finished well but they aren't bad. There is a company in the us (forget name) that makes a business of getting the Turkish guns putting a good fit and finish on them and adding engraving work and making a huge profit.