AK47 black chamber hatch

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Afitna, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Afitna

Afitna New Member

First, I am sorry for my poor english. English weapon terms are not my best quality. However, I have come over an AK47 with a black chamber hatch, ie, the pullblack is not silvery, it's black. Anyone have an idea whart sort of model this is? Is it perhaps custom?

Thank you in advance.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you referring to the charging handle?

3. Afitna

Afitna New Member

Yes, exactly.

4. robocop10mm

My Saiga has a black charging handle, but my AK is "in the white" (unfinished).

5. Afitna

Afitna New Member

So what do you think it is, custom? I saw a couple of pictures of Romanian AKs and they seem to have black charging handles.

6. Schneiderman

Schneiderman New Member

We would need more information. Can you show us pictures? Saigas come all black. This is a converted Saiga rifle, you can see the original black charging handle and bolt:

[​IMG]

7. Afitna

Afitna New Member

[​IMG]

It looks pretty much like the one above, except the handle is full wood and the wood is a tad lighter.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

???
    My buddy's WASR10 has the black charging handle. I thought that was more common than the stainless or chrome charging handle.

http://www.classicarms.us/
    Most of the AK-type rifles on this store's website seem to have the black handle, most.

9. robocop10mm

Most Romanian AK's are WASR's. They are converted to accept standard AK mags. As nearly every former Combloc country has built AK's nothing would surprise me. Black bolt carrier/unfinished handle. Unfinished bolt carrier/black handle etc, etc. Don't worry about it.