Ak or finish Ar?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by jord1985, Jan 31, 2014.

1. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

Hey guys I was at my LGS today and have been searching online my LGS has a saiga 7.62x39 for around $500 after tax and all that jazz, should I jump on that ? Or buy an AR upper online (they're going for around $500 also) to complete a build I've been working on. I've already got an AR in the collection and was looking to diversify I just don't know if I wanna stock another caliber just yet.... What does everyone think?

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Finish what you started. Well, that is how I go through life.

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Finish the AR.

I have both, and, IMHO, for most

average shooter's intents and

everyday purposes, the AK is

over-rated.

Whereas, the AR has much broader overall

utility for the everyday user.

Once again, note the words opinion, and average.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I agree with therewolf that the AK is often overrated. In this instance you could get a good one, 100% Russian factory. You already have an AR. Go ahead and diversify. It's more fun than shooting two of the same kind. Nothing wrong with 2 ARs but chances are you will trade one soon.

5. brianhurley707

brianhurley707 New Member

I just was in a situation like this two weeks ago, same gun. Saw a saiga for 450$, knew I wanted one later and snagged it since it was a good deal. The ar uppers arnt going anywhere but a good deal might... That's just what I did. My ar is finished though and I just passed up on buying a scope for my 444 marlin. Ak was better haha

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I'm a fan of the ar15 but I say expand your horizons and get the ak47.

Means you get an extra caliber in a adequate cqb package so if we hit another ammo crunch it increases your chances of finding ammo.

Currently ak ammo is decently priced and available