Ak or 1st crossbow

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by rem870forever, Aug 8, 2012.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

both will be used for target practice hunting and yes even self defene if i get an ak i can only shoot it bout once a week and crossbow every day

2. fivefourfiveX39

fivefourfiveX39 New Member

I would recommend buying a IZSL-332A from legion arsenal out of Hallandale Beach, FL it's a great video. check out my video review on www.youtube.com/fivefourfiveX39 , that's my channel do a lot of gun reviews. When SHTF a crossbow will only be dead weight get a Kalashnikov

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, IF the SHTF...

A crossbow makes a lot less noise, and folds down for carry.

Lost bolts can be a pain, though. For practical purposes, all

things considered, I'd be inclined to probably take a crossbow,

if I had a large supply of bolts and a few bowstrings.

4. fivefourfiveX39

True, less noise but I doubt you will find ammo easy enough when every store and business will be over not to mention that it being silent will not matter when you become engaged by the enemy, it may fold but plenty of kalashnikov's have folding stocks and the profile of a AK is a lot smaller in its dimensions/profile , in order to make a crossbow more concealable you would have to dismantle the string branches and put the string in a storage area on the body somewhere... But a crossbow would be good in terms of hunting game when food will become scares. But a bolt will not penetrate there body armor which will be LVL.4 with SAPI plates and you would have to be very close to them to even have a chance of accurately hitting your target. GOD BLESS

5. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I say got both AK first tho u can save up n get the crossbow later or if u do want to play every day get the crossbow n save for the AK but with the AK stay away from the wasr they are junk it comes down to do u want to play now n every day or play later if the shtf the AK is the way to go.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

If i get a crossbiow it'll be barnett jackal if its an ak the saiga

7. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I like the horton crossbows the barnetts are nice to I think the barnetts are lighter depending on Wich ones u get

8. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

what bout parker and pse i thought the hortons had low fps

9. fivefourfiveX39

The IZSL-332A is the same quality as saiga.

10. fivefourfiveX39

Like I said look at my IZSL-332A video on my YouTube channel...

www.youtube.com/fivefourfiveX39

11. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

It's nice but for now im getting a crossbow then an ak

12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Today's crossbows are out of this world.Nothing like they used to be.
    I've had my Horton Vision 175 for about 2 years,and it is an excellent crossbow. It will shoot a 20" bolt with a 100gr broadhead around 325fps,and is very accurate out to 60 yards.That's just the farthest that I shoot it regularly.
    There are many great crossbows on the market,it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.
    I originally was going to buy the PSE Tac-15,but just couldn't see paying twice as much for just a little more FPS,and then having to buy special bolts to shoot out of it for 3x's the price of regular bolts.

[​IMG]

13. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I like that crossbow I almost got it I liked it cause it seemed more balanced or less weight in the front easier to hold steady for longer time.

14. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

would u reccomend the jackal

15. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Here's a few out of the cabelas catalog looks like the best bang for your buck would be the quad 400 . With 345 fps

Attached Files:

16. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

rem870forever,I'd suggest finding a local archery shop that sells crossbows.Go there and ask to shoot several that you like.
    I wanted to find a crossbow that was fast,but also quiet.The Vision 175 fit the bill on what I wanted.
    I shot 8-10 different bows,and this one was by far the quietest of them when fired.Some of these things are like trying to hold up a boat anchor,they were quiet,but trying to shoot them offhand was a chore after shouldering them for a while.I shoot several heavy barreled rifles all year long from 223-300WM,and some of these crossbows are worse than them in trying to stay on target shooting offhand.

You also can't go by the published FPS claims.The mfg's always claim faster speeds than what most hunting set-ups are.I shoot mine thru a chrono to check the speeds of different bolt/broadhead set-ups.

I would also suggest getting a name brand bow,you'll need to be able to buy new strings/cables for your bow,and if it's an off brand you could have trouble finding what you need.

Natchez has some good deals on Horton,Barnett,Ten Point/Wicked Ridge crossbows!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  17. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

So true I agree.

18. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

yea ur probly right

19. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

yea its pretty dam nice

20. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

There's so many to choose from lol my cabelas archery catalog come in the mail yesterday I fig. I'd show him some of nicer cheaper ones I they offer its cabelas tho so any were else they will cheaper .