AK-47s become hot commodity

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by readytogo, Jul 19, 2014.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd say that American makers like Arsenal and I.O Inc. of variants are thrilled about this news.

2. Liberty24

Liberty24 New Member

Saigas are good guns but I honestly cant tell where they are better than any of the others. I really have never had a problem with any AK.

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

CNN lives by the ancient code of bullshido. K-Var has never sold AK-47's. They distributed the Saigas and the Veprs, semi-automatic sporting rifles based on the AK design. The story is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The AK-47 is a super hot commodity worth $$$$$, but that has nothing to do with the recent imports. I can't predict how hot the Saigas will become. Gut feeling - a little.

***Edit*** Just checked GB. A NIB Vepr about to sell for around $800. A Saiga rifle is up for $799, no bids. There are some ape$hit listings for $1400. No bids.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. JonM

JonM Moderator

if prices start getting stupid im going to sell both of mine

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bottom line it is the typical BS by this Administration once again.
    Trying to impose gun control in the name of Obama vs Putin political cause!
    Like Putin gives a rats a**!

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I wanted a Vepr but I never got a vepr due to the issues with the stocks. Shipping Vepr rifles with a stock that looks like a functional stock but the stock is not usable turned me off on the Vepr. How am I supposed to know if the rifle has a real functioning stock or a transport stock that someone stained and varnished?

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I've never heard about transport stocks, but regardless you didn't miss much. The Vepr stock is good wood but too large and heavy. The fit and finish are subpar for an $800 hunting rifle.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The unfinished stock on a shipped VEPR is a lot like a 2X8.

Why they don't make them a little longer, I'll never know.

Mine has the usual combloc LOP for a midget.

Other issues include no LRHO, expensive mags, and a rather sketchy owner's

manual.

Got a stock LOP mod. Drove the cost of the rifle up 175$,

without really increasing the value, IMO.

On the plus side, much more solid than an AK, and muzzle blast much

like a M44, in 7.62X54R.

I don't see much value in the AK47, myself. I might just sell mine, if the

price spikes. I just prefer the milled receiver on an SKS, by comparison.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  9. Liberty24

Liberty24 New Member

Aren't Arsenals and Centurions milled receivers also?

10. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This be whazzup, my homies.

Demand for AK's is going to spike for about six months because, well no particular reason just because. Ammo sales are going to go up for a year or more and availability of AK ammo will be less and there will be price gouging galore. After the obligatory round of stupidity all the people who purchased AK's and ammo who never had any intention of actually using them are going to flood the market because that flat screen TV or year supply of Big Macs is looking better to them than that eight pound chunk of plastic and steel collecting dust in the corner of their closet.

Bulgarian AK's and magazines are not affected and their guns are just as good as the Russians. Until KGB's Flatulence is deposed as dictator over there and Obama is out of office, the EO is not going away, so there's no use moping about it.

Kalashnikov Concern isn't going to lose a dime of money because Americans aren't buying their products anymore. They're going to flood the world market in places where our boys and girls are fighting and dying. If Obama thinks an arms dealer is going to sit in a corner and pout like he would or go broke because America wrote another meaningless law that only applies to us then he must be as high as The Lord of War's brother and will promptly receive a free lesson (well no cost to him in his ivory tower, but possibly quite expensive for our brothers and sisters who fight and die for us) in arms trafficking from everyone's favorite AK supplier.

Just keepin it real, brothas.

11. readytogo

readytogo New Member

I honestly don`t care one way or another, I rather own a IMI Galil, I don`t expect to fight a war in my lifetime anyway, but you can bet any money that the prices will go through the roof in the coming days if this is true, I keep my AR just in case.

12. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I have a Mak90 with some Nornico ammo. Make me an offer.

13. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Chill yo. A NIB Saiga rifle went unsold for $699 last night.

15. mike94yj1

mike94yj1 New Member

The difference this time is that a few companies are being banned. The last scare was an entire catagory of rifle i.e AR's, AK's, all higher cap. Rifles. Anyone wanting an AK-M has options. Beat them by just building another AR until the smoke clears and settles back down. Let the other companies flood the market and scoop them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good Points all... But when did you go All "homie wazzup" on us?

Just finish watching "Boyz in the Hood?"

Tack

17. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Close, Tack.

I was listening to Public Enemy at the time I wrote the post.

:D

18. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

The Cold War between the U.S. and Russia is being resurrected. Any thing Russian will become difficult to buy.