Ak-47

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by JuniorRanger, May 27, 2012.

1. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I'm looking for an ak-47 that is under $1000. What is the most reliable gun I could get for that price range. I know i want a chrome lined barrel and i like the side folders. I'm sorta new to ak-47 but I love the look and I shot a friends and that was great! So please let me know what a good ak-47 for under $1000 would be thanks!

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

3. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I'am on the market for a AK myself .My dad has a Norinco (chinese ) which are very good .I know several people that has bought Romanian Ak's and have problem's with them to some degree or another and sold them to get something better .Russian,Chinese and Egyptian in that order make the best Ak's .I'am sure other people will disagree with me .I also heard good things about Yugoslovian Ak's .If you find a russian Ak it's gonna cost over a 1000.00 more than likely if not you better pounce on it .

4. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

5. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Converted Saiga w/ side folder. You can do the work yourself or have someone do it. Check out Rifle Dynamics.

6. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

What are all the parts I need to do that and where could I get the parts??

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Check out http://www.dinzagarms.com/

8. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I would buy a Norinco or Saiga. I have a Romanian WASR10. It's a great gun but if I had more cash on me at the time I would've bought a higher quality AK. But also if you decide to buy a AK cheaper than a Saiga or Norinco you will have more cash for rounds, mags, and different cool mods. :)

9. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

Where is a good place to buy a saiga for cheap??

10. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Classic Firearms is a good place. Don't forget about doing a little legwork for yourself.