Ak-47 shell ejection question

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Boyerracing343, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

So i have an Egyptian ak-47, and I have not had a single problem with it, but i was wondering is it normal for the gun to eject shells almost 50 feet away? This thing flings shells farther than any other gun i have owned. Is this normal? Thank you.

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Not really familiar with AK's but my buddy had one, it ejected maybe 5 or so yards, 50 feet sounds excessive for any rifle to me.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I have noticed my buddy's WASR kicks them pretty far also. My SKS does the same thing, but more up than out.

4. 1911Jeeper

1911Jeeper New Member

Watch a few AK videos on YouTube. They all seem fling the casings a pretty fair distance.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Thanks guys. I have never had a single problem with this gun and wanted to see if this was normal or not.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Having an annual pass to our Outdoor Shooting Range, I have seen them fly some serious distance and have the burns from AK47 ejected spent shell casings landing on the arm and mostly back of the neck.

Everytime I do fire a few rounds from an AK-47 7.62 x 39, I want to get one; but, reference anything former Chinese or East Bloc Weaponary and the word is "NO".

I have been given permission for Western European and American.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

It's reeeeeally fuzzy, but i seem to recall a procedure from that SKS survivor's forum in which a dude drilled a couple more holes in the SKS gas tube to reduce the distance on the ejected shells. If it becomes a problem, do some research on that.

8. mine launch's them and many i have seen do as well. They are over gassed guns so they blow back pretty hard and thats why i figured they throw then so far.

9. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

10. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Boyerracing343
    Ak-47 shell ejection question
    So i have an Egyptian ak-47, and I have not had a single problem with it, but i was wondering is it normal for the gun to eject shells almost 50 feet away? This thing flings shells farther than any other gun i have owned. Is this normal? Thank you.

To your question of is it normal for an ak-47 to fling shells 50 feet. I would think that is kind of excessive but i know with my ak-74 that shells have come flying out up to about 10-15 feet away and over my shoulder and over my head. and other ak's i have owned have thrown shells pretty far. i really think its just due to how they are built.