Ak-47 or Ar15

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by TacticalMan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TacticalMan

TacticalMan New Member

What would you say is better. I myself prefer the Ak-47:cool:

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

AKs suffer from accuracy issues. ARs suffer from dependability issues. M14s suffer from neither.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

If you add the words "properly built" to that sentence it would be more correct.

Properly Built AR's DO NOT suffer from dependability issues.

Properly Built M14's DO NOT suffer from inherient accuracy issues.

JD

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Properly built AK's still suffer from accuracy issues (relative to US service rifles)

6. matt g

They're hard to beat for dependability though.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It all depends on what you consider "accurate". One man's accurate is another man's junk.

8. matt g

Minute of bad guy at 300-600m with every shot.

9. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Alright here's how I see this. The other day Aaron went out and shot a friends AK and he brought it home for me to clean. The day they shot it it worked GREAT not the most accurate gun but still wonderful. While I was cleaning it I pulled ROCKS out of the top of the recoil spring. It was so filthy that it was like changing the oil in a car and there was mud all around the barrel. THE THING WAS STILL SHOOTING!!!!!!!

On the other hand I have a bushmaster AR 15 NEVER had a problem with it, but it is cleaned quite frequently and I have never given it the chance to get dirty and see what it can do, but I (having only shot for about 3 years now) Can shoot quarter inch groups with it at over 100 yards (for exact yards I will have to have Aaron remind me I have the worst memory) so as far as accuracy goes AR 15's are wonderful.

10. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

(I still love my AR more than the AK.)

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I have a Romey WASR-10, not the preferred AK but it's probably the easiest to find at the best price. [​IMG]

Accuracy? Here's a hint, at 100 yds and with iron sights I can put 28 of 30 rounds in center mass. I'm 62 and wear contacts. You got better eyes? Then you would more than likely drop all 30 inside the ring. [​IMG]

You plan on shooting Zombies further out? Not me, that’s above my paygrade but I don’t think it would require a hardware upgrade.

Besides that's why I keep JD around. Gotta love those long distant 'reach out and touch someone' guys, but its not me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Haha I'm legally blind in both eyes (for some odd reason what they call legally blind I would just consider blurry vision :/ )

13. matt g

Holy crap, you're old. I never would have guessed. :D

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hell, that's why I keep Tango and Trueevil1313 around as well. The more well placed firepower, the great the distance between the enemy lines, and where I intend to lay my head at night. :cool:

JD

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Well thank you,.......I guess? [​IMG]

Oh yea.......check my siggy below! [​IMG]

16. matt g

Age and treachery always beats youth and speed.

17. tantalfan

tantalfan New Member

ak or ar

well i prefer the ak over the ar because the ammo is cheaper, the are incredibly reliable and magazines are relatively cheap.

18. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

Somewhere online there's an animated "Whipping The Dead Horse" gif.

"Accurate" . . . The 5.56 stuff is more accurate than the 7.62 X 39 -- mostly because of the guns they come out of. 300 metres, AK does just fine at keeping the heads down. If they get closer, you can actually kill them.

I think the .223 cal. bullet is a bit on the small, light side for anti-personnel stuff. More and more combat troops are beginning to agree with me.

SIG SAUER, Heckler/Koch have come up with a system where the exhaust gasses don't enter the cylinder to cycle the gun. That solves the reliability issue for the most part.

[​IMG]

I put a SIG STS 081 Mini Red Dot on mine.

[​IMG]

I wish they came with a standard web sling.

You should own an AK too.

19. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

if your debating which to buy then you have to ask your self..... can you afford the gun and can you afford the ammo 7.62 is way cheaper than .223

20. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I've fired both, I'm not to big of a fan of the selector switch on the AK. Aside from that I had no issues with it, the AR just feels more comfortable to me.

Qick question for the AK owners out there.

The AR-15 to me is incredibly easy to swap different parts for aftermarket parts, is it that easy on the AK too or is it what you see what you get?