ak 47 help

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Gallo1947, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

I have this ak 47 I need help to identifying the model o year no markings of maker o caliber the only thing I know is that has a fire selector switch

ForumRunner_20131122_234536.jpg

ForumRunner_20131122_234536.jpg

ForumRunner_20131122_234657.jpg

Attached Files:

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

AKM, Yugo style under folder, does it have any symbols stamped anywhere on it?

3. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

No you want to see more pictures

4. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

I can tell you it's not a Yugo that's for sure

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I know a little bit about AKs but not a ton, that's odd that there isn't any markings on it, no import mark on the barrel either?

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

If it is legal, there will be an import stamp or a domestic trademark. The guessing game for now is pointless, this can be any combination of parts and furniture.

Edit: On a second reading. If it is a full auto, look elsewhere for answers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Its not F/A No mid selection detent , could be made from a kit if it has no stamping any where . They arent that hard to do if you can bend the flats .take more close ups, remove the gas tube and see whats under it , pull the bolt and see whats stamped on it

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

That was my guess. Probably a parts kit that is built on a receiver flat. Internal parts and markings may tell us the origins of the parts kit used.

9. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

No markings outside but in the bolt carier is has two symbols I upload a picture in couple of hrs

10. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

No markings on barrel o other part just in the bolt

ForumRunner_20131123_104906.jpg

Attached Files:

11. nfafan

nfafan Member

Looked Chinese, but even the earliest of imported CHICOMs had markings. Bet it was a private kit-build franken-AK - which is perfectly legal.

Does it shoot OK? Else, who cares - always good to have a sanitized or paper-less gun around the house.

12. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Is there a small hole just in front of the mag well??
    If there is it is most likely a kit built AK.

13. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

How much is the value of this rifle$$$$$$$

14. SSGN_Doc

For a home built kit, probably around $450-$800 depending on how well it was done, the condition of the parts used, and the market in your area. Things get kind of scetchy with built guns. If it was built on a home built receiver with no serial number, the person who built it really isn't supposed to sell it, if I understand the policies on this correctly. Also if it was built on a Kit I would let someone inspect it to make sure it was built right, fires safely, and that the builder didn't use some of the military fire control parts without first doing the correct modifications to them to render them semi-auto only.

15. Gallo1947

Gallo1947 New Member

[ame]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6q0i_ubvj0[/ame]

16. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The video "does not exist" according to YouTube. Tell you what. Take the rifle to the sheriffs office. They will run an ID check for you and might even come up with a quote.

17. SSGN_Doc

Actually it kind of looks like that receiver may have the infamous "third pin hole" that was present on some MAK 90 rifles that got imported and were considered contraband by the ATF because of the ability to accept full auto parts. it may have been subsequently "Sterilized" to make it less obvious that it is a banned rifle. If that is the case the value is $30,000 in fines, 30 years in prison and the loss of gun rights for life. May want to contact an NFA dealer who could possibly take possession and turn it in.

Google Contraband MAK-90 to get some good pics of the receiver configuration that was banned. Hard to tell for sure from the posted pics here.

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have never really understood this , its really ridiculous . That a 3rd pin hole makes it contraband item even if it doesnt have a F/A sear in it . Thats like saying your AR15 is a contraband item because it has a F/A BCG in it with no F/A firecontrol group .
    The crap they come up with amazes me

19. SSGN_Doc

I don't get it myself. But that was the case when they made the ruling in the '90s.

But most AR15 receivers don't have the third set of holes for the interrupter either.