Airsoft

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Jun 5, 2009.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Anyone play? I know some think it's idiots running around the woods acting like soldiers but I find it pretty amusing so long as you don't take yourself too serious. It's enjoyable on a play level going out to the ranch with friends and playing a few games with teams.

2. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

You know those Airsoft pellets are not made of air and they sure ain't soft.:D

The first time I saw one of those was about 30 years ago. I was showing one to my 7 year old son and said "those thing can't hurt anyone, they are air soft" and proceeded to shoot myself on the bare belly.:eek: That is how I know my first statement is true.:D

Sorry, I messed up your thread, but I felt that it just had to be said. :rolleyes:

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Yea it hurts. With the guns we play with it hurts more to me than getting hit with a paintball.

4. user4

user4 New Member

I wanted to get into it, but the cost of the guns are nearly as much as a real one...so I buy a real one every time.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Some airsoft guns are pretty cheap.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Airsoft for sissys and Mall Ninja the world over since 1992.

If your going to shoot people use real bullets. It makes the game much more fun.

Man as kids we did this stuff they just weren't called air soft it was called BB gun wars. We also didn't need to wear any silly goggles or helmets. We knew that if you shot someone in the face you got shot in the nuts.

7. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

I have scars from BB wars:D It was fun and wholesome entertainment

8. user4

user4 New Member

Yes, and you get what you pay for. I don't want to go into a game weak. I'm out to murder every mother loving last one of them.

9. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

"Pssh, get up you *****! It was only a .22!":D

10. WDB

WDB New Member

My only issue with high quality airsoft is they look like real firearms. So LEO's have to decide if it's a toy or real. It won't be long before some crying mother is telling the story that the cops shot her son and all he had was a airsoft. He may have held up the local store with that toy but still the cops shot him when he pointed a toy gun at them. She will get a nice settlement and the LOE's will have to second guess if it's are or a toy, seconds they shouldn't have to spend to protect us. Just my 2C

11. hey

hey New Member

sounds like your a christian I am but can you explain to me about the rules of airsoft is it legal to shoot plastic pellets in your backyard or to carry the airsoft on you if your going to target somewhere, how about if it uses metal bbs then is it legal? thanks

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Exactly, remember laser tag?

13. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Woah, zombie thread!

14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Precisely the reason airsoft is illegal here, WDB. But the above scenario is not the one commonly described, rather that criminals will use 'realistic-looking' guns to commit crime.

Either way, as you say the cops get to have to decide...and in a damn hurry.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I thought airsoft might be pretty fun. Some of the guns are pretty cool looking and the specs on some are not that bad at all. You want to spend the money you can get a really nice one.

16. zhuk

zhuk New Member

hey Drum if I could, I would get an airsoft AK...since there would be bugger-all chance of obtaining a real one. Alas no dammit :D

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Maybe it is just me but I have a very big dislike of weapons of any kind being pointed at me and fired.

18. hey

hey New Member

can an airsoft gun that shoots plastic pellets also shoot metal ones?

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Airsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not according to this^. But then I wouldn't know personally.

20. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

We have 3 airsoft "guns" just for giggles and grins. 2 "pistols" (a S & W 9mm and a Steyr GB) and 1 "rifle" (a Steyr Aug). When put side by side with the "real" versions of each, except for the "red tips," you cannot tell the difference without actually handling the "weapon."