Airsoft-Yes or No?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SR71, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR71

SR71 New Member

Not sure where to put this but what do you think of airsoft as? If your thinking airsoft is Walmart clear guns you are wrong. I just want to see what Real steel users(You all) think about airsoft.

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I like the AEGs. I had a g&g top tech mp5a5. It was pretty bad ass for the backyard but I've never played and airsoft games. the handguns are a great tool to help shooters starting, I have a replica of my p226 very accurate to the real steel and most ppl are more comfortable plinking with that first befor going to the range for the 1st time.

I don't think I'd go all out get all the gear. An RO at a range near me almost lost an eye to one of those. A kid at an airsoft field shot him point blank OFF the field. Stupid kids running around with a bb gun.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I "competed" from 99' to about 2003 with a dedicated team of airsoft players.

We bought all metal, fully automatic, hardcore guns and we upgraded them from there with advanced nickel metal Hi batteries for long life.

We traveled all over Washington, Idaho and Oregon to play other teams.

And we had a BLAST!

Playing competitive airsoft, against real, honest competitors is great training if you limit magazine capacity and FPS so no one gets hurt.

I have no shame is saying I learned a lot about working from a stack, and clearing a room by "cutting the pie" while playing in "airsoft games".

And I died a LOT. :eek:

But I'm still here bitches. :D

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Not to say that all the ppl playing are stupid kids just that small handful.

5. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

It's real fun, but a giant money drain and hard to rally people to play with you.

I'm in the process of selling my crap off because no one ever plays. You'd get 12 people say they'd come and play with you, and only 3 would show up.

6. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Walmart airsoft user here... I find that a few magazines worth helps my trigger control before shooting firearms in a competition.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My team competed against a team of players that included patrol officers from Mt. Hood-Parkdale, Oregon.

I can assure you, those guys were NOT kids playing a stupid game. They were good, and they played for keeps. Great tactics and things we NEVER expected the first time we played them. They wiped us out like the Black Plague. :eek::(

8. SR71

SR71 New Member

Nimh batterys suck lol. Sorry to say. I pretty much run a set up of this. I only have 2 firearms but airsoft is more enjoyable to me. If you play airsoft right it will cost you as much as your Real Steel hobby. Pretty much it goes like this:
    Base gun:VFC Noveske 14.5"(top of the line) 400$
    Rail covers
    Bipod
    Battery
    Then add clone eotech with magnifyer
    And magpul it.
    Then for gear
    Flyye Maritime
    5 mag pouches
    Sling and a couple mags which comes to maybe 1100$. This isn't my set up but this is my gun.
    Your obviously going about It wrong. You find a real field that has games every weekend and is run by people for a company and play. It is a money pit like every other hobby. Get used to it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1) - You would not have had that rig in 1999 0r 2002. I had one of the best rigs at the time, and I spent $800 plus to BUILD IT. I didn't buy it like a lot of today's players.

2) NiMh batteries, stacked in an (8) cell pack, when the gun was designed to run 6 or 4, was the SH*T when I played.

10. SR71

SR71 New Member

It's not the number of battery packs or MaH its the amount of amps like 9.6 and such. The 5000 Mah battery will have more amps than the 1600 Mah but 2 more battery packs wont do much. Try a 11.1 25s lipo or a 7.4 35s lipo. Most of today's players who are serious do not just buy gear sorry to bust your bubble. They all have individual needs. Carl might be carrying a extra mag then Doug. Most are based of Plate Carriers and using molle they construct their own personal set up.

11. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

why would ya lower the velocity?

ya ever played paintball, that s!-!it hurts. no FPS decreases there.

12. SR71

SR71 New Member

Paintball is for idiots. Who shoots paint at someother person? Airsoft is so much more realistic. Decrease in FPS? The only way to decrease your FPS is BB weight, loss of compression, Spring loosens up or you change the spring to a different one. Or you have a Polar Star Engine in your pistol grip that you can use to control the FPS manually.

Oh and he would change his FPS by those above because airsoft is dangerous with high FPS and can literally poke a whole through your skin and such at high enough FPS. And there's limits on FPS like 400 for auto rifles, 450 for semi, 500 for Sniper Rifles.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Our FPS was set at 450.

An airsoft gun is fully automatic. Which is about 6-10 times as fast as the fastest paintball gun.

A paintball shoots a .68 caliber sphere.

An airsoft gun shoots 6mm plastic BB's as fast as it possibly can.

I can assure you. While one round MIGHT hurt. 50-100 will REALLY get your attention.

14. SR71

SR71 New Member

Try a gun that shoots 700fps and 300+yds easily. That will poke holes in your goggles and gear.

Most rifles that aren't cheap pieces of crap can reach 200ft easily with the right weight of bbs and hop up modifications.

15. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Airsoft is great for training. There are a few airsoft users floating around here somewhere. You just have to be careful when choosing airsoft optics and putting them on real steel.. You know, the Chinese quality stuff :p

16. SR71

SR71 New Member

Some of them are actually pretty decent. Eotech replicas or clones have paralax and that's it. Aimpoints have nothing really wrong with them. The Airsoft ACOGs look sweet but have a short life of maybe 2 years.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I wasn't playing TODAY. Duh. :rolleyes:

I was playing almost a dozen years ago!

I was trying to give you some street credit around here, on a real gun forum, but apparently your intentions are all about how the young airsofters are the best in the business. :rolleyes:

A 6mm plastic BB will never touch what I can do with my, multiple, real AR's.

And if you want to play who has the cooler sh*t??

This is real, even the ATF stamp. A little something to "strive for".

We are done here. Have a good time with your lone thread of any interest.

Attached Files:

18. SR71

SR71 New Member

What's with the picture of 1911? Wow real M16s do more damage then airsoft M16s? Who knew. Wow multiple ARs look at the badass.

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i only know about bein hit by paintballs. i am aware of the airsoft "BBs" as you call them, but they are plastic. i HAVE been shot with a .177 BB gun @ about 40 yds tho. i have NOT been shot with airsoft, so i cannot imagine being hit with one. heavy and additional clothing is not worn for protection?

the reason i said paintball, was because they put blood whelps on you...............and yes, the size of cherry tomatoes. i just can't see plastic BBs hurtin much more than a wasp sting. IDK. you tell me.

20. SR71

SR71 New Member

Depends on the gun. We sure as hell can't put tomatoe sized welts on you but the right gun can go hurt about 10x worse than any paintball. We wear ballistic proof ESS goggles or other eye pro. Then combat boots, ACU or BDUs and pretty much what all the military today wears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.